Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Wild Are Depending On Bouncebacks To Rescue Their Secondary Scoring

1 hour ago, mnfaninnc said:

Dean, I get the rants, but thus far you have offered 0 solutions. Firing Billy is not a solution. Replacing Billy with someone who would do things differently is. So, you need to do your homework. Who would you replace Guerin with? They cannot currently be an employed GM, and to my knowledge there's not really anyone available. Stan Bowman is still suspended and Holland was rumored to resign from Edmonton. Outside of that, I don't think you'll find anyone better.

Complaining without offering a solution to the problem is just whining. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 3:40 PM, Dean said:

Billy has taken the excitement out of this organization. I could care less if the misfits rebound . All that means is they flame out in first round.  Watching a Freddy g and Jo Jo team is ridiculous an thats  what the wild are.  Two guys who don’t deserve to be here getting every opportunity to waste the fans money.  I’m not going to the games this year or will I pay for Bally’s crap app. 20 + years of watching wild religiously is done.  That’s how unwatchable Billy’s rosters have become . 
   Lapanta was talking the wilds window is in 3-4 years. What the f ——  have they been doing during Billy’s tenure ? Nothing. They have no plan coming out of buyouts. There little  pr machine lapanta is now out there trying to buy Billy more time. Ridiculous. Fire Billy 

What exactly is your experience running an NHL hockey team? 

On 7/14/2024 at 10:59 AM, mnfaninnc said:

Dean, I get the rants, but thus far you have offered 0 solutions. Firing Billy is not a solution. Replacing Billy with someone who would do things differently is. So, you need to do your homework. Who would you replace Guerin with? They cannot currently be an employed GM, and to my knowledge there's not really anyone available. Stan Bowman is still suspended and Holland was rumored to resign from Edmonton. Outside of that, I don't think you'll find anyone better.

Who the hell studies GM candidates. We can tell if the current one isn't working out, but saying you as a fan can't hold the GM accountable unless you've studied for a replacement is laughable. I think most of us just want the next one to be decided on by anyone but Leo...

On 7/13/2024 at 5:51 PM, Willy the poor boy said:

They're tradeable with terms, and you may have to send along other assets for teams to take the contracts. Tradeable but likely not easy.

If you have to swallow a poison pill to trade someone, I consider that untradable. 

• Like 1

Verified Member
On 7/15/2024 at 3:13 PM, Willy the poor boy said:

Who the hell studies GM candidates. We can tell if the current one isn't working out, but saying you as a fan can't hold the GM accountable unless you've studied for a replacement is laughable. I think most of us just want the next one to be decided on by anyone but Leo...

But Willy, this is exactly how bad GMs get put in place. With venom, owners fire GMs, and then as an afterthought they put together an exploratory committee to find the right guy which usually turns out to be a disaster. If you're thinking about firing Guerin, who, for the past 4 years with extreme cap penalties has put the Wild in the playoffs 3 of those years and has the best winning percentage of any Wild GM, then you've got to have his replacement in mind. 

Yes, a fan should research the available candidates to find out what's out there. So should the owner. For instance, Evason did not get fired until Guerin had a replacement who had a couple of weeks to study the team. You can argue about the replacement guy, but Guerin did play the 2 part transaction correctly. He found the replacement before firing the coach.

It's like this, you've got a family of 4 who depends on you to bring home money for shelter, food, etc.... You've got dependents. You don't get pissed off and quit your job without having something else in place, it simply isn't wise. You especially don't do it if you don't have some savings to help get you by. 

• Like 1