Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wild Select Electric Winger Ryder Ritchie 45th Overall

Thomas Williams

This is a solid pick but Artamonov would have been insane and he was there for us. He scored the 6th most points in a u18 season in the khl between Kaprizov and Daniil But. He was also the first 17 year old in KHL history to have a 4 point game. He has insane hockey smarts and is slightly shorter but built like a brick shit house at 5’11 200lbs

I think Richie was actually hurt during the season and that’s why his points total were a little low but he actually won the Whl rookie of the year last season. The team he was on was pretty bad too. Richie was thought to go in the first round by a lot of mock drafts so this is a good pick. He’s 6’1 176lbs 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Protec said:

Ritchie is cool. Great name!

Hoping Hagen Burrows falls to MN. That'd be cool. He had nice USHL numbers, kinds doubt he lasts til 110th.

Like big defenseman Jimmy Dodig too. Sandpaper & size combo. He's probably available for the MN connection. 

Didn’t know anything about this guy but he looks like a stud from what I read.

Seems like a really nice draft for Guerin and Brackett this year. Hopefully these guys develop the strength necessary to compete in the NHL in the near future.

Ritchie is the son of former NHL player Byron Ritchie, who played for the Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers, Calgary Flames, and Vancouver Canucks in his eight season, 300+ game career.

Edited by Imyourhuckleberry
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Protec said:

Brackett is such an assbag sometimes.

It's because of his laser focus on the puck movers. It's like he's got blinders on when he sees them. It's easy to pick out his tendencies. 

Also, with Guerin, it seems like the pick he really likes tossing around is the 3rd rounder. For Fletcher, it was the 2nd rounder, so I guess we're improving. 

Guerin does need to sit down with Brackett and reshuffle the priorities. He's got to knock down the strong skating a bit, and bring up the size factor some. I think if Brackett had the opportunity, we'd have 6 Ryan Murphys in the lineup. Yes they skate great and can really move the puck, but how do they defend? (suddenly we see a deer in the headlights look on Judd's face) We all know the bigger guys aren't skating well now. How did they skate prior to their growth spurt? How long ago did they get this spurt? Is it fixable? It seems he doesn't want to be bothered with those questions.

Ritchie looks like a pretty good player. Reminds me a little of Boldy. Wearing #21, I thought he looks a little like Robertson from Dallas. 

Based on rankings, MN got a bunch of top 10, 20, and 30 range guys. From that perspective and beginning at 12th overall they got really good selections, plus Lauko upgrade.