Hockey Wilderness

Draft thread.

Protec

1 minute ago, Quebec1648 said:

Was Philly going to take Buium? I don't like the trade, since we could have kept the 3rd round pick and still gotten either Buium or Eiserman a pick later.

Fair enough, but next year's 3rd in the bigger picture of the last few years isn't a huge cost. It is curious, but Eiserman might be further down some team's lists.

By the way, Jett Luchanko to the Flyers, and Helenuis to Buffalo. 

Philly might have been looking hard at Buium and they liked Luchanko too but MN didn't know that? Plausible scenario and MN really wanted to get a guy who could QB the power play and run alongside Faber or be a top pairing guy over the next many years to come. 

BuIum is really good value at 12th.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quebec1648 said:

Was Philly going to take Buium? I don't like the trade, since we could have kept the 3rd round pick and still gotten either Buium or Eiserman a pick later.

Maybe Z Boo becomes our Makar.  18 yo and lead ncaa in pts by d-man.   Ok I don’t mind that.  Faber=brodeen.  Z boo = what Dumba might have become

Just now, Pewterschmidt said:

Maybe Z Boo becomes our Makar.  18 yo and lead ncaa in pts by d-man.   Ok I don’t mind that.  Faber=brodeen.  Z boo = what Dumba might have become

It's possible he's the type of player who wraps a NCAA season and joins the Wild for playoffs. Insurance against Spurgeon struggling. 

It's not a bad pick at all. Hard to be too critical of the top NCAA defenseman along with Levshunov available. Dynamic skating is not super common.

5 minutes ago, Pewterschmidt said:

If that who this kid might be I can get on board

I would say he is potentially a guy who looks like Quinn Hughes or McAvoy in a couple-few years. Setup MN prospect R.Lorenz on the rush for the big goal to win the NCAA championship a couple months ago. That's cool! 

MN could have a couple PP guys up top who can distribute and skate between Buium and Faber. Promising...