Hockey Wilderness

Article: Minnesota Should Stick and Pick At 13

Justin Hein

54 minutes ago, IllicitFive said:

Oh trust me, from your posts I already do. Thanks for wasting time saying you waste time by actually answering. 🙂

He doesn't say because it's unrealistic.  We neither have the cap space or the assets to trade out to get most of those people.

Toronto isn't trading Marner or Nylander for Spurgeon.  We'd have to offer up Boldy or Ek AND our best prospects AND 1st rounders.  Great, trade out all our strengths and future, leaving us a depleted team with no reinforcements.  We swing, miss, and then we are picking up the pieces for 6-7 years.  Kap will be banging on the door with a pen in hand to sign up for the rest of his career.  Sure.  That's more Fletcher's approach and it's why we are in this mess.

I don't want to lose Kap either, but at the end of the day I think he'll see a team that is coming into its own and on the rise.  We just aren't at the point where we are ready to do that deal to pull us to the upper tier.  We're still getting our footing in the middle.  After the worst of the penalties and some of the contracts start falling away, the prospects should be legitimately beating out people who are still under contract at that point, and we can get a FA or two to fill in need and get us that extra punch.

• Thanks 1