Hockey Wilderness

Article: Minnesota Should Stick and Pick At 13

Justin Hein

Every GM drafting behind Bill Guerin should be clamoring to trade up. They might offer to sweeten the deal with an extra prospect or a few Day 2 draft picks. Guerin would be crazy to do it. 

I think that depends how far. I wouldn't listen to any teams in the 20s, but might consider dropping into the 14-18 range. It's a near certainly that a player selected outside of the top 13 will end up more productive than a few of players selected in the top 13, but I agree that it's safer to simply stick and pick.

• Like 2

Billy shouldn’t trade back. What’s the point in a few more prospects that never develop. Like all the d men in Iowa.  Judds claim to fame is Elias Petterson. . The guy who was invisible during playoffs but paid like a superstar. Or his fist round pick that can’t find a spot on a college team . Enough with Judd an his undersized everything. Stay at 13 am get some size and talent. 
   It really doesn’t matter what we draft when the gm is overpaying in money , term and clauses  bottom six forwards and 3 rd pairing d men.  He won’t have money or roster spots  for these  guys anyways. 
    Billy worries more about making  grinders happy than his one and only superstar. 

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Dean said:

Bills idea that Fred g , moose , Hartman , Middleton and Spurg are the guys you need to lock up to win a cup is ridiculous. None of them will ever win a cup unless  they are in the press  box for another team 

thanks for the insight nostraDeanus

• Haha 2