Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wild In An Interesting Spot At 2024 NHL Draft

Thomas Williams

I've seen a few mocks thinking Eiserman at San Jose is the play with the trade, Helenius to Philly, and then Yakemchuk/Sennecke might be the play for us after that.  Again, not gonna say no to either if that's the case.  Even Iginla/Dickinson are still being thrown as a possibility.

The Wild have too many needs in too many spots to be choosy and worry about the "perfect" player.  It doesn't help that there's just no consensus either.  Take what they get, don't be cute, and hope that player becomes that solid secondary scoring or defensive option the team needs.

Edited by Citizen Strife
  • Like 2

It really depends.  Sennecke could really bolster the...less than stellar right wing options.  He'd probably be ready by the time Zuccarello's contract is done.  Yakemchuk has more physicality, but might have the same issues Dumba or Burns had.  Still, offensive skill with size on the backend is not something the Wild have really had for...20 years?

Yakemchuk personally, though I'd not be angry if Sennecke isn't taken top 10 like some assume.

• Like 2

I just did a little research on draft picks ,  since the Wild entered the league they had 1, 3rd overall  pick or higher.  the Hawks will get their 6th pick 3rd  overall or higher  , Edmontons  had 5 ,  be interesting to make some sort of grading system based on draft position .