Hockey Wilderness

Article: 7-Round Minnesota Wild Mock Draft

Tony Abbott

Oh man. That would be an epically tough decision for Brackett…

honestly though I think we’d have to go Yakemchuk in this situation. He fits too many needs over Catton. Getting back a Brent Burns sort of defenseman, along with Faber, Brodin, Chisholm, and Middleton, would pretty much set the blueline for the foreseeable future once Carter reached the NHL.

Catton would be a great pick too but with Yurov coming over, the top-6 is gonna be pretty stacked already and we’d likely see Rossi get moved at that point just because of the similar skill sets and I don’t think he’d get us back a guy like Yalemchuk.

Edited by B1GKappa97
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Will D. Ness said:

CBJ willing to give up #4 says something too.  I think there is a lot of parity in the draft after the top 3.

I think its more about them building for the future. 

If they wanted #13, #47 and next year's 1st I'd be willing to give that up honestly. You could land a guy like Zeev Buium or Zayne Parekh there who could turn into top-pair defenders with Faber for us and upgrade the power play. They'd make the NHL just in time for us to trade off Spurgy. 

Shoot even Sam Dickinson, if they wanted somebody with better size and maybe some untapped offensive potential, would be a great snag there. 

That would get us some clear upgrades over the options we'll have at #13 for sure.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, B1GKappa97 said:

If they wanted #13, #47 and next year's 1st I'd be willing to give that up honestly.

Maybe... I mean the timing is good to do something crazy and swing for the fences but next year's 1st could be another lottery pick.  I doubt it but maybe.  I think #47 and next years 2nd rd pick? 

47 minutes ago, Will D. Ness said:

Maybe... I mean the timing is good to do something crazy and swing for the fences but next year's 1st could be another lottery pick.  I doubt it but maybe.  I think #47 and next years 2nd rd pick? 

It could but given that we have some cap space and Geurin is allegedly looking to find a top-6 winger in UFA I have to assume that we'll be more productive next season. 

And if we get better fortune in terms of health, particularly along the blueline, then I don't see why we should expect to be picking near the top-10 again. Will Gus and MAF be as bad combined as they were last year? That would be difficult to do and they'll have Wallstedt coming up at some point too.