Hockey Wilderness

Article: Guerin Should Weaponize Waivers To Maximize Roster Flexibility

Adam Overby

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

Why wouldn't Kaprizov be part of this? He hasn't been back to Russia since his first trip back after his inaugural season here and he had difficulty getting back here. As far as I know anyhow. His parents have either been coming here or they meet in other parts of the world. Could there be some truth to the rumor Kaprizov had the fake military documents? That whole thing kind of got buried in the same litter box with Guerins turds.  

Putin has been vocal in the past about Russian players coming west to get rich. You never know what is going on with the Russians. 

im not sure why Kaprizov isnt part of it but heres the rosters  ,probably need to translate

All Hockey Stars | Match of the Year | Moscow 2024 (match-goda.ru)

4 hours ago, Imyourhuckleberry said:

If England invaded Maine, telling us that Maine has long wanted to be part of England, which is evident because they still speak English, I'm not going to buy that line of reasoning either. No matter who in Maine suggests(under gun point) they welcome England's soldiers there as they always felt connected to England, I'm not going to believe that is the sentiment of the entire state.

I don't think this is a good analogy, mainly because England is pretty far away and Russia and Ukraine are neighbors. I think a better analogy would be if British Columbia and Alberta wanted to become part of the US because they didn't like the way the other Ottawa treated them, made reference to it through private channels and our military went up and essentially created a new border while those folks voted on it. The only likely difference here is that they would have started it instead of us. I do believe that Russia did surround Crimea to get things rolling. Whether or not it was rigged, I don't know, either is plausible. 

What we don't know is how Ukraine treated the Russian speaking Russians that were put within their border when the USSR broke up. I'm not sure how much hostility there was between the cultures. It could very well be that the borders drawn when the breakup happened should have been drawn a little differently? Kiev used to be the home place of the Russians centuries ago before there was a USSR. Probably very few people in the US would actually understand the culture there right now and who hates who and why. We do know that Eastern Europeans have a tendency to hold very long grudges for generations. 

2 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

I don't think this is a good analogy, mainly because England is pretty far away and Russia and Ukraine are neighbors. I think a better analogy would be if British Columbia and Alberta wanted to become part of the US because they didn't like the way the other Ottawa treated them, made reference to it through private channels and our military went up and essentially created a new border while those folks voted on it.

I agree that England was a stretched analogy, mostly because Maine was not an official British colony at the time of the revolutionary war, but I thought it kind of worked. Yours might be better, but has less of a personal feel of something being taken away.

It was a quick thought to help an American consider how it might feel about someone militarily infiltrating and creating unrest in a region of the US, then invading that US state to help resolve that unrest, followed by forcing an election and telling us the results of that election were that we now have just 49 states.

I don't know the specifics of how the average person in Crimea or Donetsk felt prior to 2014, and I'm not sure how many of those average people would be around now to tell us, or could tell us honestly without risking retribution if they were still residing in the region.

I cannot recall many land grabs like this in the 21st century, but I understand it was far more common in earlier centuries.  I do know that other countries in the region are training to protect their sovereignty now so that they will not suffer a similar fate.

I don't think Russia will stop hockey players from coming to the US given the respect it can bring to them internationally to have their home grown athletes competing and succeeding amongst the best in the world.

I don't think they have the best leadership, and their freedoms are infringed upon heavily over there, but I don't have any dislike for the average Russian person.  Hopefully Yurov will thrive next year for the Wild.

• Like 1

I'm gonna try to keep this short, but we know Zelensky and NATO have refused peace talks plenty in the last three years. Nazis were at the helm of Ukraine military which is now wiped out so they're kidnapping retarded people and girls into conscription. Zelensky's generals are buying flashy cars and homes. Ethnic Russians in those regions were being shelled by Ukraine going back to 2014. Crimea was lost during Obama cause Dem foreign policy is shit. They voted ~90% for joining Russia which has been encroached upon by NATO ever increasingly AND the US funded at least dozens of biolabs in Ukraine which was also highly publicized as full of Nazis and the most corrupt country plenty by NYT, Vice, etc. going back to 2018. US supplied missiles that require programming and US systems just killed a bunch of civilians at a beach. All of this never would have happened but stolen elections have consequences. President shits-his-pants puppet, can't-talk, smartest guy I know blew up Nordstream pipeline but PUTIN is the great boogeyman. 

Russian hockey, especially juniors have been screwed while the US & Canada exhibit blatant hypocrisy. Let's face it, Ukraine is a scam that's cost you and I as taxpayers $200B that we don't have. Canadian parliament gives a standing ovation to a Nazi war criminal and in the house of congress they're waving Ukraine flags and having butt-sex while Americans are facing the worst economy and an illegal alien crime wave and grift. Sanctions have made Russia rich, Iran now has money to fund terrorism, and half the world is abandoning the US dollar. 

The West should be ashamed. Victoria Nuland and Anthony Blinkin are criminals along with many more who have pushed the escalation and refused talks going back to when Putin invaded. If you know the history of that region, it's impossible to argue Ukraine has forever been sovereign or America's oldest, most trusted ally. It's a scam and money laundering mecca. If the mainstream media propaganda factories are telling you to support Ukraine, you should know it's the opposite. 

"Geopolitical tensions" and Russian hockey players being blocked from competing on the world stage is what you get as a result of corruption. They removed a sitting President in a coups disguised as an election. We've seen what can happen in four years and its ugly. The American Uniparty BS needs to stop or we'll have WWIII before you know it. The Globalists need to GTFO and should be smacked-back to Davos. How's hockey gonna go when nukes are flying? Time to wake up and smell the coffee. They lied about Vietnam,  they lied about Iraq, but I'm sure they're not lying about Ukraine... 🤥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does relate to hockey. 

If Ruat ssia was allowed to play in the WJC or if scouts could go see players or meet with them, you'd have a totally different last 3-4 years.

Last year Michkov at 8th. Yurov at 22nd. Maybe that's good worldwide turmoil benefits the Wild? Not the way I'd like to see it.

If MN could get a pick somehow in the 25-35 range, I bet they could get a sneaky Russian or at least add a solid can-kick towards building for beyond Kaprizov. 

4 hours ago, Protec said:

The American Uniparty BS needs to stop or we'll have WWIII before you know it. The Globalists need to GTFO and should be smacked-back to Davos. How's hockey gonna go when nukes are flying? Time to wake up and smell the coffee. They lied about Vietnam,  they lied about Iraq, but I'm sure they're not lying about Ukraine... 🤥

I tried to be a little bit more subtle and polite, but this whole thing is a pretty good summary of what's really going on over there, and how much of it isn't being reported along normal media challenges. It's probably why most media isn't trusted anymore and we have to go to great lengths to find this out for ourselves.

And it does effect hockey. I have missed Russian hockey players at the WJCs and in the international tournaments. It's not because I'm pro Russia, it's because for a real true competition, all the countries that matter should be there. Most would probably have Russia at least in the metal rounds. This conflict is seriously hurting the game and probably a real appraisal of all the draft eligible players. 

A world at peace leads to so many other benefits. I'd rather participate in those benefits than seeing treasure and blood being spent over fighting for something that really doesn't affect this country. One of those benefits is having the best athletically compete against each other. I just happen to like that.

5 hours ago, Protec said:

refused talks going back to when Putin invaded

Thank you for sharing your Russian state government media news feed with the rest of us.🤔

Putin definitely lives the Joffrey Baratheon "the truth is what I say it is", and social media makes it easy to have that echoed all around the world now.

Edited by Imyourhuckleberry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Imyourhuckleberry said:

Thank you for sharing your Russian state government media news feed with the rest of us.🤔

Putin definitely lives the Joffrey Baratheon "the truth is what I say it is", and social media makes it easy to have that echoed all around the world now.

Bro, you did the meme.  You're telling me it's "Russian disinformation???" 😃

I just believe the world would be a better place when Russian and American hockey could overlap and be cool. Eyeroll criticism accepted. Greater tensions or WWIII would mean MN drafts more NA guys. I could get on board for that.