Hockey Wilderness

Article: What Should We Expect From the Wild This Week?

Best Player Available; don't do anything crazy, don't reach for need (wingers and defensemen); just see what other teams do and get whatever can be there.  There's no real consensus after 2-3, so god only knows what will the Wild will be left to choose from.

Edited by Citizen Strife
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Citizen Strife said:

There's no real consensus after 2-3, so god only knows what will the Wild will be left to choose from.

Definitely not a consensus on the order, but seems pretty safe that these 5 players go in the top 8.

Macklin Celebrini, C

Ivan Demidov, RW

Artyom Levshunov, RD

Cayden Lindstrom, C

Zeev Buium, LD

Catton and Dickinson should also be gone in the top 11, if not top 8.

Parekh, Silayev, Eiserman, HeleniusYakemchuk, Iginla, Sennecke and Brandsegg-Nygard seem to be all over the board in the top 15, depending upon the eye of the beholder, so should be an interesting night.

Cannot imagine being upset by the Wild getting any of those players, but certainly some will be favored over others.

• Like 5

Verified Member

I still believe in trading up if you've got a guy or guys in mind that you really want. But, I still don't know how much to trust the scouts, and if they are really good scouts. 

If a guy falls, it might be Lindstrom with the now public herniated disc to couple with his hand injury. Interesting that the hand had surgery, the back did not.

Verified Member

I also wouldn't be opposed to trading down if particular players were all off the board and the deal was good.

Really curious to see how everything falls.

Trading up would be okay too, but I wouldn't want trade Rossi for a prospect that hasn't played in the NHL if possible.  I'd rather trade Heidt if it came to it.

Not that I'm opposed to trading Rossi, but I feel like we'd be better off packaging him in a trade for a young-ish proven NHL player rather than someone who hasn't even proven they can cut it in the AHL.  Otherwise, I'd rather stick with Rossi and utilize him more to his strengths rather than putting him in situations where he has to try to be like Ek.