Hockey Wilderness

Article: Marco Rossi Trade Rumors Have Continued

Verified Member
On 6/19/2024 at 11:48 AM, Dango said:

If teams want Rossi then they have to be the beggers and we get to be the choosers  ,  if it was with Utah we get their 1st rounder  and keep our own 1st rounder ,  they can have our 2nd or 3rd at most  .    

Our 3rd is in Washington with the Johansson trade. While this is enticing to me, I think it is a draft day deal where we see how the top 5 picks go. If our guy(s) is there at 6, we pounce. 

Verified Member
23 hours ago, Tony Abbott said:

Trading Marco Rossi as a sweetener to move up from, like 13 to 6 is so laughable to me. NHL scouts think the top half of the draft is more-or-less interchangable in talent after Picks 2-3. You'd end up trading Rossi in exchange for a lateral move, talent-wise. Can't imagine worse asset management.

I believe the suggestion from Dango was to keep 13 and trade Rossi outright for 6. He suggested maybe giving 2nd and 3rd, but we don't have the 3rd. I could see using some 2025 selections. 

2 selections in the top 15 of this draft would certainly change the trajectory of the team. If we came away with Lindstrom and Yakemchuk in this draft, that could be pretty big.

Verified Member

FWIW, I do not see Rossi rumors continuing on national sites. It could be they just ignore the Wild, or it could be that he's not attached to any team wanting him. 

For instance, Markstrom and NJ were rumored since the trade deadline, and it continued past. Same with PLD, he was rumored to be exiting the Kings, although, it was more of a buyout candidate. 

So, it's just an opinion, but this rumor seems to merely be smoldering at this point with no real flames. This could be due to the cone of silence on Shooter's part. 

Heck, don't even take Lindstrom.  Just go 2 of Buium/Yakemchuk/Dickinson/Parekh, and you pretty much transform the defensive depth overnight.

Then again, you take Rossi away, you're possibly hoping to poach Catton, Iginla, or Eiserman along with a with that kind of move.

*Not sure how serious Lindstrom's back injury is*

Edited by Citizen Strife

Note: Rossi going to Utah still wins out in the end, but dipping into the defensive pool  is an interesting proposition.  I'd personally take Buium or Dickinson, to shore up that left side first.  You'd eliminate the "desperation" move of keeping Middleton (saving money).  Maybe Yakemchuk falls, or you just take BPA forward and win out on both sides of the game.

I just get giddy thinking Faber, Buium, Yakemchuk all as a top 3, different styles for different situations.  You could even reach on Solberg or Jiricek if you know you have one of the bigger names on the board.

Verified Member
On 6/20/2024 at 11:23 AM, mnfaninnc said:

If we came away with Lindstrom and

Are you awake Lindstrom has a herniated disk? That could be a really big deal. Could potentially interfere with his career. 

Verified Member
On 6/23/2024 at 12:30 AM, Mateo3xm said:

Are you awake Lindstrom has a herniated disk? That could be a really big deal. Could potentially interfere with his career. 

I am unaware of an injure past the hand injury that kept him out of the lineup. 

Verified Member
6 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

I am unaware of an injure past the hand injury that kept him out of the lineup.

After researching the issue, looks like this was a late bombshell dropped on the teams...or was it. It was likely discussed at the combine. 

So, perhaps this injury (not injure) will have him drop down the board? One can only hope. I'd take him and trade up for him.