Hockey Wilderness

Article: Michael Brandsegg-Nygard Fits Guerin's "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" Mantra

You had me at Ek or Nino.  The Wild can't go wrong with getting either out of a player.  That Nino/Rask trade still haunts the team almost as much as the Tuch dump does.

BN has always been at that "outside of the top guys, but no slouch/safe pick" situation.  I would be more excited by a Catton or Eiserman making offensive waves, but the Wild need a lot of different help at forward.

Edited by Citizen Strife
  • Like 1

Verified Member

Knowing  BG its a 75% chance its this guy or Sennecke if he falls (doubtful). But a D could fall into their laps too. Should be a fun draft to watch this year.

• Like 5

Ew, no thanks. There will be more talented players at #13.

Some of whom will also still have size. 

MBN is a great consolation prize for a team picking from #15 and beyond. 

Edited by B1GKappa97

Verified Member
8 hours ago, Citizen Strife said:

the Tuch dump does.

Every time I seen one of Dumba's patented turnovers at the blue line that wound up in our net I'd think of Tuch. We chose Dumba over a power forward. Tuch was exactly who we needed at the time. 

• Like 2

Verified Member

I don't know much about the kid, but he looks like an RHS, and we don't have enough of those. I like guys who put opponents through walls. 

So, maybe we draft this guy but convince him that instead of 2 last names, we'll just call him Michael Tkachuk! That works for me!

• Haha 1

He looks like a great player and fills a need but in most mock drafts he is going a bit lower than where we pick at and is not considered to be one of the premium talents in the draft. He is projected to go 18-20 with guys like Sennecke, Catton, Silayev and Yakemchuk still available at 13. I would be happiest getting Yakemchuk. He's a big mean right handed defensemen which we will need badly in the future when Spurg and Bogosian run out of gas

Verified Member
18 hours ago, Willy the poor boy said:

I don't think the team should draft anyone with 2 last names...

How do you feel about Eriksson Ek and Zuccarello?  They both have 2 surnames.  Eriksson Ek isn't hyphenated and Zuccarello only puts the first part of his last name on his jersey, but his name is hyphenated as well.

Verified Member

I think it really depends who is left at 13.  There's certain players I'm not really sold on.

Looking forward to seeing what happens on the 28th.  It's not too far away now.

5 hours ago, raithis said:

How do you feel about Eriksson Ek and Zuccarello?  They both have 2 surnames.  Eriksson Ek isn't hyphenated and Zuccarello only puts the first part of his last name on his jersey, but his name is hyphenated as well.

Ekster (non-hyphenated helps) is grandfathered in and Zuccarello is only one name.

Verified Member
18 hours ago, Willy the poor boy said:

Ekster (non-hyphenated helps) is grandfathered in and Zuccarello is only one name.

Zuccarello's full last name is Zuccarello Aasen