Hockey Wilderness

Article: Iowa Wild Sign Matthew Sop To AHL Deal

Verified Member

CBJ firing their coach was completely predictable. He was a last minute replacement where nobody was available. I'm quite surprised they waited this long to do it. 

Chalk me up as being in on Laine. I do think we can fix him.

18 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

CBJ firing their coach was completely predictable. He was a last minute replacement where nobody was available. I'm quite surprised they waited this long to do it. 

Chalk me up as being in on Laine. I do think we can fix him.

It would be great if the Wild could acquire and fix Laine but is the cost justified in taking the risk? Hard question to answer but luckily i don't have to make it.

9 minutes ago, Up North Guy said:

It would be great if the Wild could acquire and fix Laine but is the cost justified in taking the risk?

I'd be surprised that this is a project Guerin & Co want to take on given their to-date efforts to fix the culture of this group (parise/suter, appointing spurge as captain, spurning t-bot, etc.).  If Guerin proves me wrong I'll officially throw up my hands and accept that I cannot see a method to his madness (ie trading Rossi).

Maybe he's playing chess and I want to watch checkers, but Guerin's track record (Fiala PR blunders, front office HR drama, t-bot, apathetic core extensions w/NMC's) I think he's playing solitaire against himself.  Heyo!!

Verified Member
22 hours ago, Up North Guy said:

It would be great if the Wild could acquire and fix Laine but is the cost justified in taking the risk? Hard question to answer but luckily i don't have to make it.

If salary were retained, I think we'd be getting a deal.

1 hour ago, mnfaninnc said:

If salary were retained, I think we'd be getting a deal.

I guess it just depends on which Laine the team gets. Would it be the Laine from the last 2-3 years or the one from his first years? 

Verified Member
5 hours ago, Up North Guy said:

I guess it just depends on which Laine the team gets. Would it be the Laine from the last 2-3 years or the one from his first years? 

Laine was a good scorer in Winnipeg who was also in a playoff race. Laine is not the kind of player you want to insert into a rebuilding team (maybe one that's rebuilding on the fly 😉). I see us being ahead of CBJ on as far as playoffs go, and perhaps I put to much faith in it, but I really think Mikko Koivu is respected by him and can help him get out of the funk he's in. 

We'll have to make him leave all his turtle necks in Ohio so Protec won't get on him so hard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1