Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Wild Can Improved A Flawed Roster By Updating Their Systems

I think it's interesting, but definitely would not agree with it. Neither Foligno or Hartman should play 4th line minutes as both are valuable players when healthy. That's one disagreement, but larger would be the line indicating, "That leaves Middleton and Bogosian to be the team’s top penalty-killing unit and shutdown pair."

Not sure those 2 defenders should see the ice together, when everyone is healthy and not in the box, and it certainly wouldn't be as a top unit.

Verified Member
3 hours ago, Imyourhuckleberry said:

I think it's interesting, but definitely would not agree with it. Neither Foligno or Hartman should play 4th line minutes as both are valuable players when healthy. That's one disagreement, but larger would be the line indicating, "That leaves Middleton and Bogosian to be the team’s top penalty-killing unit and shutdown pair."

Not sure those 2 defenders should see the ice together, when everyone is healthy and not in the box, and it certainly wouldn't be as a top unit.

Now, just wait one gosh darn minute Huck. Apparently you don’t understand the meaning of being “short handed”.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Citizen Strife said:

Boldy (who had almost as many points as Tkachuk last year), Rossi (who had 20 goals), plus Gus, just for Tkachuk and a 2nd.

Brady Tkachuk had 147 points in 206 games in the 3 seasons he played that match Boldy's seasons. Boldy has 171 points in 203 games.

Tkachuk also has a cap hit $1.2M higher than Boldy. Tkachuk certainly throws his body around more, but Boldy should be up around a point per game pretty soon and could do that for much of the remaining 6 years of his contract. Boldy had 60 points in his final 61 games of last season.

I could maybe understand making the trade straight up, but I wouldn't include Gus or Rossi and I wouldn't trade either of those two for a 2nd round pick right now. Tkachuk would be up for a new contract 2 years earlier than Boldy as well, so I'd even be hesitant to trade the two of them straight up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Verified Member
11 hours ago, Citizen Strife said:

https://www.nhltraderumor.com/nhl-trade-rumors-boldy-for-tkachuk/

Just in case anyone wanted to laugh

Boldy (who had almost as many points as Tkachuk last year), Rossi (who had 20 goals), plus Gus, just for Tkachuk and a 2nd.

Uh...how about no?  Gotta love fake rumor websites.

I get a kick out of reading some of the trade rumors that site comes up with. But I'm sure this validates the trade desire for ODC and Mnfan and others who are clamoring for Tkachuk.  Tkachuk is going nowhere. 

• Like 2