Hockey Wilderness

Article: Jakub Vrána Can Be A Low-Risk Fix For Minnesota's Secondary Scoring

Admittedly I know virtually nothing about this guy other than what Tony wrote. It would seem that this guy could be just the ticket for the Wild if he continues his recovery. At that price point it seems almost too good to be true.

Edited by Up North Guy
  • Like 3

i did like Vrana when he was a Cap but i am a bit worried about his smaller size and diminishing speed, although his speed was really really good before so maybe all is not lost.

however - i think i know who the wild will get. and rejoice you mn-come-back-feel-good-story loving fools - it zucker!

Reason - plenty but mainly is that i've seen him around the town and that's enough to convince me that something is up and my hunch is that billy is drafting up a proposal for 3 years contract worth 4-5 mil per. with ntc of course.

now i am not saying anything about this potential signing other than its gonna happen and fact is - i've said plenty lately. so i'll leave that be. but that is what's going to happen. book it. 

💩

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldDutchChip said:

i did like Vrana when he was a Cap but i am a bit worried about his smaller size and diminishing speed, although his speed was really really good before so maybe all is not lost.

however - i think i know who the wild will get. and rejoice you mn-come-back-feel-good-story loving fools - it zucker!

Reason - plenty but mainly is that i've seen him around the town and that's enough to convince me that something is up and my hunch is that billy is drafting up a proposal for 3 years contract worth 4-5 mil per. with ntc of course.

now i am not saying anything about this potential signing other than its gonna happen and fact is - i've said plenty lately. so i'll leave that be. but that is what's going to happen. book it. 

💩

Zucker lives in the TC with his wife Carly. She is unable to move her kids from a previous marriage due to dual parenting and a court decision. He may very well sign with the Wild but seeing him around town is not a great indicator.

• Like 3

I think the key for signing Vrana would be your locker room culture.  If the team tends to go out after games then it could be difficult for Vrana to maintain.  Although if he had a good support group, inside and outside the locker room, he could work out nice.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Up North Guy said:

Zucker lives in the TC with his wife Carly. She is unable to move her kids from a previous marriage due to dual parenting and a court decision. He may very well sign with the Wild but seeing him around town is not a great indicator.

Good for him, her and everyone! The bottom line is he is signing hrre!

• Haha 1

Verified Member

I thought rumor was the Zuckers divorced. Yeah it would be just like the Wild to go dumpster dive in the recycling bin. Lock him up for too many years with a NMC. Zucker's best years are behind him but that makes him bait for the Wild.  These ODC posts are making me thirsty.

Edited by MacGyver
  • Like 1

Verified Member

I kind of agree on the estimated price point. And, for that price, if Vrana doesn't pan out, he can head to Iowa. He's listed at 6' 190 lbs., not big, but not really little either, just a middleweight. However, if he has speed left, that could get him by. 

The way I see it, he could be an upgrade from Lettieri and Lucchini. That might be a good add. A cheap contract doesn't award him a roster spot, and still allows for a Heidt type of player to beat him out. 

As for the locker room, I think it is tight enough to help keep Vrana focused and sober. The feeling I get is that they enjoy hanging out with one another, not just downing beers after the game, but actually doing stuff. Plus, some of the guys may not even be legal drinking age! It seems to me that this generation of athletes take better care of themselves physically and may save the alcohol mainly for after the season.

I suppose with the cap restrictions, we've got to swing at a lot of high reward/high risk types of players?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I thought rumor was the Zuckers divorced. Yeah it would be just like the Wild to go dumpster dive in the recycling bin. Lock him up for too many years with a NMC. Zucker's best years are behind him but that makes him bait for the Wild.  These ODC posts are making me thirsty.

I bring most immediate and trusty news to all you good folks, believe!

14 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I have an inquiring mind so I googled this.  Looks like no official filings have happened but there is some smoke here.
 1) sold Edina home and Jason bought his own home (not with Carly.  Might be tax reasons, who knows) 

2) recently absent from each others social.  Fame whore’s who live thru social media don’t do this by accident.  
I know this is a wild site but I’m betting Zuckzy is headed (already gone) to divorce court

Edited by Pewterschmidt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pewterschmidt said:

I have an inquiring mind so I googled this.  Looks like no official filings have happened but there is some smoke here.
 1) sold Edina home and Jason bought his own home (not with Carly.  Might be tax reasons, who knows) 

2) recently absent from each others social.  Fame whore’s who live thru social media don’t do this by accident.  
I know this is a wild site but I’m betting Zuckzy is headed (already gone) to divorce court

Living a part throughout the whole season has to be tough on a marriage

• Like 1