Hockey Wilderness

Article: Marco Rossi Showing He's A Big-Game Player At Worlds

17 hours ago, Beast said:

Not a fan of trading Rossi, but of course it depends on the return.

I hate the obsession with size over production.  It already cost us big time in the draft.  If we trade Rossi before his prime just for the sake of size, that’s a problem.  Size means nothing without some skill.  Rossi is listed at 5’9” 182.  Jake Guentzel is listed at 5’10” 180.  Brad Marchand 5’9” 176.  Numerous guys have found massive success in the league at his size (his numbers this year are actually very similar to Guentzel’s first 2 seasons in the NHL).

Cap space is tight here, as we know.  His cap hit next year is $863,333.  I don’t see a world where we trade Rossi and get equal or greater production at equal or lesser salary.  Hartman, Foligno, Zucc, and Gustavsson all have $4M cap hits.  The corpse of Fluery and Middleton around $2.5.  Gaudreau and Johansson $2.  Bogosian and Merril $1.2.  Khusnutdinov (roughly the same age Rossi, though not as good a player right now) has a larger cap hit.

There are better ways to tweak this roster than jettisoning a 22 year old center with one of the lowest cap hits on the team who is showing promise at a pretty good 2nd/3rd line center. There’s deadweight with bloated cap hits up and down the roster.

Another impressive note on Rossi (most seem to be focusing on goals and assists).  According to NHL.com as of January 22nd, he was first among rookies in face offs taken, second among rookies in face off wins, win %, and offensive zone wins and neutral zone wins, fourth in defensive zone wins.  He was leading all rookies in penalties drawn.  He was tied for 5th among rookies in take aways.  On goals, he was second among rookies behind Bedard (by 1, but played more games, but averaged 3 minutes less ice time per game). He was tied for second in GWGs.  He did this while playing a lot of 3rd line minutes with the likes of Lucchini and Lettieri.  He’s also a willing defender and picked up a Gordie Howe this year as a rookie.

I think people forget how young he is at times, and that he put the most points per game in the OHL since McDavid.

Hes going to keep improving.  This isn’t the finished product.  I fail to see how trading him away helps this team be better in any way, long-term or short.  He may not be a superstar, but there’s certainly a place for him to be valuable.  It’s extremely foolish to try to trade him for “size.”  Guerin needs to worry about getting the best players and tailoring a system to them.  He needs to let go of this pipe dream of the Broad Street Bullies.  We don’t need a team full of Charlie Stramels (guys selected based on size alone).

you cannot compare him to guys that play that such a strong and fiesty game like guentzel and marchand. you just can't. yes rossi had a good season. a good season. thats it. one thing you forget to take into consideration - its just not about rossi at this point. its about building a team with a top 5 player in the world ON that team. rossi is a valuable trade piece, as are some other peaking youngsters. re Rossi - i bet kap is consulted on make up of the current team and vision for what it should look like and if the thought is they need a different personel for whatever reason than what Rossi can provide - well i am fine if rossi fans cry about Wild letting him go - ship him out, get a replacement and push all in for Kaps team. 

1 hour ago, OldDutchChip said:

tkachuk + kap + ek would be a nightmare for the entire league

And lines 2-4 would be sub-par AHL lines.  Jake Stromboli becomes our teams 2C with Beckman and Walker playing middle six minutes....all so that we can have the less effective Tkachuk brother.  I was afraid we'd have to talk about Tkachuk all summer and here we are.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldDutchChip said:

most exciting up and comers? two years of strong prospects? who?

2 future 1sts(2 years of strong prospects), our second 20 goal scoring centerman ever out of our prospect pool(in 24 years existence) and Riley Heidt who put up 117pts this year and is looking to make an NHL team at the age of 19.

So Kap is nothing because he was drafted in the 5th round? Rossi was a first round pick. 

Yeah, we would have one line for 20mins a night that would be a nightmare then ice a team of greying seniors and AHL players around them. Great plan. Surely everyone wins playoffs with a single line. That is why Edmonton has won the cup every year since they got Drai and McDavid right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pewterschmidt said:

And lines 2-4 would be sub-par AHL lines.  Jake Stromboli becomes our teams 2C with Beckman and Walker playing middle six minutes....all so that we can have the less effective Tkachuk brother.  I was afraid we'd have to talk about Tkachuk all summer and here we are.  

Boldy + Rossi for Tkachuk is a win for Wild

that does nothing to depth because you still have your prized rookies and are saving on Rossi's eventual overpay. Tkachuk is getting a little over a million more than Boldy, but is a beast of a player. I guarantee Kap signs extension if Tkachuk deal is made for Boldy and Rossi. And our team will be perennial threat and hell to play against and will be fine lines 2-4. Adjust to the realities - Boldy is not in the same league as Tkachuks 

1 hour ago, TheGoosesAreLooses said:

2 future 1sts(2 years of strong prospects), our second 20 goal scoring centerman ever out of our prospect pool(in 24 years existence) and Riley Heidt who put up 117pts this year and is looking to make an NHL team at the age of 19.

So Kap is nothing because he was drafted in the 5th round? Rossi was a first round pick. 

Yeah, we would have one line for 20mins a night that would be a nightmare then ice a team of greying seniors and AHL players around them. Great plan. Surely everyone wins playoffs with a single line. That is why Edmonton has won the cup every year since they got Drai and McDavid right?

2 future 1sts(2 years of strong prospects) - these are just prospects that may work out and may turn into Johanson and Strudel dude. 

Our second 20 goal scoring centerman - oh my stop with Rossi being untouchable, he had 40 points, that is it, he is a granlund and kunin clone, there i said it. 

So Kap is nothing because he was drafted in the 5th round? Rossi was a first round pick.  Kap is something because everyone was stupid around the NHL and and either got scared to pick him or failed to scout him. Its irrelevant where he was taken, but what is relevant is that is her the best player on your team and is a TOP 5 player in the league.

That is why Edmonton has won the cup every year since they got Drai and McDavid right? They are kicking ass now are they not? You saying you don't want their success if you bring in Tkachuk and pair him with Kap like they do with their top 2? no? having a chance to win it all is not enough for you? As for AHL players around them - that is bogus - we have good D and some of these can't miss D prospects are bound to at least be average and form our bottom pairing. Our goalie has to be OK after being paraded like second coming of Brodeur. And i am confident that a smart GM will ensure that there are good backfill for lines 2-4. 

Verified Member
Posted (edited)

I would venture if Guerin and company are having to go to Kaprizov to architect the building of the team this would only ensure Kaprizov hitting the door. Number one how bad of a front office do we have if they have to lean on a player to figure out what kind of a roster and personnel it takes to build a competitive team. Secondly Kaprizov wants to play hockey nothing more. Why on earth would he want to have input on which of his teammates need to go and which ones stay and who should be brought in? That is just a ludicrous premise. 

Guerin: Hey Kirill do you think we should trade Rossi and Boldy for Brady Tkachuk? Or if not Tkachuk who do you think we should trade and for who? 

Kirill: Um, yeah Bill great question I really need to go now. 😵‍💫

Edited by MacGyver
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, OldDutchChip said:

you cannot compare him to guys that play that such a strong and fiesty game like guentzel and marchand. you just can't. yes rossi had a good season. a good season. thats it. one thing you forget to take into consideration - its just not about rossi at this point. its about building a team with a top 5 player in the world ON that team. rossi is a valuable trade piece, as are some other peaking youngsters. re Rossi - i bet kap is consulted on make up of the current team and vision for what it should look like and if the thought is they need a different personel for whatever reason than what Rossi can provide - well i am fine if rossi fans cry about Wild letting him go - ship him out, get a replacement and push all in for Kaps team. 

Lol, I highly doubt they are consulting with KK about how to build the team. I wonder where you're coming up with the conclusion Rossi is not a winner. He seems to me to be one of the few on the team with a winning attitude.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I would venture if Guerin and company are having to go to Kaprizov to architect the building of the team this would only ensure Kaprizov hitting the door. Number one how bad of a front office do we have if they have to lean on a player to figure out what kind of a roster and personnel it takes to build a competitive team. Secondly Kaprizov wants to play hockey nothing more. Why on earth would he want to have input on which of his teammates need to go and which ones stay and who should be brought in? That is just a ludicrous premise. 

Guerin: Hey Kirill do you think we should trade Rossi and Boldy for Brady Tkachuk? Or if not Tkachuk who do you think we should trade and for who? 

Kirill: Um, yeah Bill great question I really need to go now. 😵‍💫

you think there is no communication between team leaders up the chain? this is naive thinking. its planning for future and ensure success which directly correlates to Kaprizov being here. whether or not Rossi is a part of this is irrelevant to Leopold

Kaprizov wants to play hockey and nothing more? really did he tell you that? he wants to win, find a place to call home, and many other things that you and others seem to think are irrelevant. 

As for that exchange between Guerin and Kaprizov - yeah very much the way it has to go down, cause there is no other ways or nuances or communication techniques to assess and react. Ok good talk. Go start planning reaching playoffs as W2 team starting in 2027, if not sooner, cause if you logic plays - that is Wild's ceiling, unless miracle happened. And it won't - i guarantee it. 

2 hours ago, Willy the poor boy said:

Lol, I highly doubt they are consulting with KK about how to build the team. I wonder where you're coming up with the conclusion Rossi is not a winner. He seems to me to be one of the few on the team with a winning attitude.

I didn't say he wasn't a winner, i said he can be sacrificed if the price is right IF the vision of the team takes shape to maximize and retain Kaprizov. Its silly to discard the impact of players in today's world, especially those that are stars, and furthermore those that can flip the relevance of your entire team (both financial and performance) upside down. yeah leopold is refusing to take that into account. ok willy. 

50 minutes ago, OldDutchChip said:

I didn't say he wasn't a winner, i said he can be sacrificed if the price is right IF the vision of the team takes shape to maximize and retain Kaprizov. Its silly to discard the impact of players in today's world, especially those that are stars, and furthermore those that can flip the relevance of your entire team (both financial and performance) upside down. yeah leopold is refusing to take that into account. ok willy. 

Ya, Tkachuk really flipped the script for Ottawa. That was a team that had a lot of steam before the season, up and comers, hmmm, I wonder what happened?

You've been on the dump Rossi since you started posting, it's not always been for stars as I recall, sometimes it's to move up in the draft to get another unknown with big accolades of what they 'might' be able to do in the big league.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pewterschmidt said:

People in this camp must have really loved the Fletcher years

#TGALdroppingtruthbombs

every GM is flawed, and let's not forget than even Fletcher gave us Ek, Tuch (for a few games) Brodin, Zucker (he wasn't the one that traded him), Coyle (again he traded FOR him and look he is an unbelievable 2/3 center now), Granlund and Dumbas, oh and someone name Kaprizov. yeah he had some goofs and was partly responsible for signing two average players to stupendous contracts, but let's not pretend there was not another half a dozen team willing to pay exactly the same for those players and ALL of us at that time were for it. yeah yeah now it looks bad, but who knew who knew? i mean i knew, but i didn't register at wilderness at that time and didn't save share all my wisdom with ya scrums, but your luck is turning and i am here now. 

ok so for no depth part - we got what like a top rated prospect list last year? and shit loads of new prospects came in after and will come in now, but you are saying those are worthless and can't join the team and contribute? we are not asking much, maybe 1-2 prospect come in and take a second line spot and one third. everyone here has already declared the ohgren is next can't miss wild swede, and yurov hype is being pushed so hard you'd think every russian that scores at .6 ppt clip is next fedorov, but ok ok i am sort of going against my own argument that we actually should have good enough depth and have enough funds to build up our team both front heavy and decent enough in the back, with  solid D and supposedly amazing G (wall kid, not fleury, my oh my - he is done) 

basically - we are entering an exciting time - we either get crafty and build a contender right NOW or appease our delusional stat-obsessed brains and build a pretend contender. i really want us to be the first. i am done with cullens, bjugstads, staals, goligovskiys, suters, and i want a great team. that's it! do it billy don't listen to any of these wuuuuuusses (i kid) 😆🍻

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Willy the poor boy said:

Ya, Tkachuk really flipped the script for Ottawa. That was a team that had a lot of steam before the season, up and comers, hmmm, I wonder what happened?

You've been on the dump Rossi since you started posting, it's not always been for stars as I recall, sometimes it's to move up in the draft to get another unknown with big accolades of what they 'might' be able to do in the big league.

nope i was not dumping on him, i merely said - IF we can improve, then package Rossi, wish him good luck and forget him. 

yeah you right on tkachuk ..... you were probably right on eichel being just the worse, and for wild to not even sniff at him, cause you know he hasn't won in buffalo ... oh just wait till he gets to Vegas .... i bet it'll go sour. yeah you were right. pretty bad result for vegas indeed. wouldn't wish it on wild. let's do what you say and not try. let's push our chips in with Rossi, forget Tkachuk. 

priceless! 🤔

Edited by OldDutchChip

11 minutes ago, OldDutchChip said:

nope i was not dumping on him, i merely said - IF we can improve, then package Rossi, wish him good luck and forget him. 

yeah you right on tkachuk ..... you were probably right on eichel being just the worse, and for wild to not even sniff at him, cause you know he hasn't won in buffalo ... oh just wait till he gets to Vegas .... i bet it'll go sour. yeah you were right. pretty bad result for vegas indeed. wouldn't wish it on wild. let's do what you say and not try. let's push our chips in with Rossi, forget Tkachuk. 

priceless! 🤔

But aren't you saying Tkachuk is a difference maker? What happened in Ottawa? Couldn't get the team with enough talent to impress the ink stained wretches they were playoff bound to the playoffs. 

Why would you want to trade a rookie who has done everything asked of him for an unknown is what I'm getting at. You haven't mentioned trading Rossi to move up in the draft? I could've swore you've mentioned that type of trade.

I think trading Rossi would be a mistake. You've finally got a guy with talent who wants to get better. His work ethic is what impressed me the most after the draft. He wants to be a winner. BG wanted him to add some FU to his game and he did. Not many players can add that. For most people in general you either have it or you don't. 

And for the record , you're not getting Tkachuk for Rossi. There's whole lot more goin out the door in that deal. I say overhaul you're scouting department and start drafting better cause those are the teams that are at the top of the heap every year.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Willy the poor boy said:

But aren't you saying Tkachuk is a difference maker? What happened in Ottawa? Couldn't get the team with enough talent to impress the ink stained wretches they were playoff bound to the playoffs. 

Why would you want to trade a rookie who has done everything asked of him for an unknown is what I'm getting at. You haven't mentioned trading Rossi to move up in the draft? I could've swore you've mentioned that type of trade.

I think trading Rossi would be a mistake. You've finally got a guy with talent who wants to get better. His work ethic is what impressed me the most after the draft. He wants to be a winner. BG wanted him to add some FU to his game and he did. Not many players can add that. For most people in general you either have it or you don't. 

And for the record , you're not getting Tkachuk for Rossi. There's whole lot more goin out the door in that deal. I say overhaul you're scouting department and start drafting better cause those are the teams that are at the top of the heap every year.

dude i dunno, you think i watch ottawa games? they do have claude giroux who is only 56 and possibly some other pieces that are just not gelling or just not the right mix or whodafcares! i care about getting a great player no matter what his situation is currently. did vegas pause or eichel or stone cause ottawa and buffalo were going nowhere? no. they. did. not. brave up wild fans, make that call to ottawa. 

let's dive in more - 

I think trading Rossi would be a mistake. You've finally got a guy with talent who wants to get better. don't every player want to get better? huh?

His work ethic is what impressed me the most after the draft. He wants to be a winner. BG wanted him to add some FU to his game and he did. What FU? besides jumping on someone for Kap once (credit to him for that) he is ultra small. He tries to play hard, but it's just not his style. 

Not many players can add that. For most people in general you either have it or you don't. Have what? desire to be better and work ethic? i mean doesn't every player do that?

And for the record , you're not getting Tkachuk for Rossi. There's whole lot more goin out the door in that deal. Like what? or is it another minnesotan "no we shouldn't try cause it just never will work you silly"? tell me are you NOT willing to give up Rossi, Knut, Heidt, and 2 firsts for Tkachuk?

3 minutes ago, OldDutchChip said:

His work ethic is what impressed me the most after the draft. He wants to be a winner. BG wanted him to add some FU to his game and he did. What FU? besides jumping on someone for Kap once (credit to him for that) he is ultra small. He tries to play hard, but it's just not his style. 

You should maybe go back and watch some replay. He plays tougher than Boldy who is a lot bigger than him. I know, I know it's not much to say that Rossi plays tougher than Boldy but, you would think Boldy with his size would be the tough guy.

5 minutes ago, OldDutchChip said:

Not many players can add that. For most people in general you either have it or you don't. Have what? desire to be better and work ethic? i mean doesn't every player do that?

Have FU. I will go out on a limb and say Boldy could use some FU and it will never come for him. That's just one example.

6 minutes ago, OldDutchChip said:

And for the record , you're not getting Tkachuk for Rossi. There's whole lot more goin out the door in that deal. Like what? or is it another minnesotan "no we shouldn't try cause it just never will work you silly"? tell me are you NOT willing to give up Rossi, Knut, Heidt, and 2 firsts for Tkachuk?

I don't think Tkachuk is the  guy you think he is. He came to Ottawa and the team took a step back. Difference makers make their teams better.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Willy the poor boy said:

You should maybe go back and watch some replay. He plays tougher than Boldy who is a lot bigger than him. I know, I know it's not much to say that Rossi plays tougher than Boldy but, you would think Boldy with his size would be the tough guy.

Have FU. I will go out on a limb and say Boldy could use some FU and it will never come for him. That's just one example.

I don't think Tkachuk is the  guy you think he is. He came to Ottawa and the team took a step back. Difference makers make their teams better.

You should maybe go back and watch some replay. He plays tougher than Boldy who is a lot bigger than him. I know, I know it's not much to say that Rossi plays tougher than Boldy but, you would think Boldy with his size would be the tough guy. agree that he plays tougher than boldy, and that's a problem with boldys motor and lack of aggresive nature maybe or being a more finesse player and less physical i dunno, but yeah i see it? that's probably why i'd be willing to trade boldy straight up for tkachuk. tkachuk doesn't need to borrow anyones aggression and would be a fun partner for kap. rossi just needs to push more and more and i just did not see that "special" factor with him. i am not arguing against him being a good player, he very well could have a nice career and probably will earn a good contract. but right now - rossi and boldy and our prospects are at the peak AND there are great options out there to make a splash but you got to be willing and not hold on to what you have for too long 

we played tkachuk a few times and he had the it factor. i dunno stats can tell otherwise, but i'm going to say - he is a great bet for the team. one i'd make in a second whether its rossi or boldy or even a combo (rossi boldy spurge for tkachuk and their 1st pick? and maybe some other filler -  dream scenario you save on upcoming rossi extension and 7.5 spurge money which should be around 12 mil and use that to get either guentzel or marchesalt) bam all our problems solved!

• EK KAP GUENTZEL
  • TKACHUK YUROV MARCHESALT
  • FOLIGNO HARTY ZUCCY
  • 4th line - i could care less

oh my i am good 🍻

i am also assuming MJ and Freddy are not on the club. and i may and may not be over the cap, but we are all just dreaming up scenarios so why not have this one?

11 hours ago, OldDutchChip said:

we played tkachuk a few times and he had the it factor.

Wild are 8-1-1 lifetime against Brady Tkachuk. Brady has two goals and two assists in those 10 games. I'm not even a big plus/minus guy, but being minus-12 against Minnesota is also pretty funny. Not really sure what impact he was making against the Wild to make you think he had the it factor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, OldDutchChip said:

tell me are you NOT willing to give up Rossi, Knut, Heidt, and 2 firsts for Tkachuk?

I am telling you I am not willing. That is a loss for us. Thinning out our talent pool this year to reach for Tkachuk is not the play considering we still have 14.7 in cap hit. We NEED to have players on ELC's just to ice a team this year. How are we suppose to ice a team when you give up 3 players on ELC's (all with upside)?.

We currently have 6M to sign 1-2 D men and 2 forwards. We will want Chisholm back but he should be near league min so let's say 5M to sign 2-3 guys. Now drop ~3M (Khus, Rossi, Possibly Heidt) from that and add in Tkachuk's 8.2M. So not only do we lose talent from our group, thin out our depth but we would also not be able to fit him under the cap with needing to still replace 5-6 guys. So i guess we will just play without a forth line and a 7th D?

Let me make it clear in case you don't look at advanced metrics; our top line is dominant currently when it is on the ice. That is not an issue and will continue to not be this year. Our larger issue was goaltending and depth scoring. Your trade proposal literally takes us backwards and makes our depth worse while smashing us against the cap so hard we can't even call guys up. 

20 hours ago, OldDutchChip said:

They are kicking ass now are they not

Yes they are, because they are using their remaining cap space to spread around and create depth. They have also had a system that contributes quality players from their AHL team and by taking on veteran "problem" players at a cheap cap hit. You think they would still be going if Bouchard, Holloway and Skinner weren't on that team? That is essentially what you are suggesting that Minn does; trade Bouch, Holloway and Skinner = Rossi, Khus and Heidt. Throwing away your developing players is not how anyone has won the cup unless your roster is on the cusp. Ours is nowhere near the cup, as demonstrated but the fact that we missed playoffs.

You're delusional if you think one player in Tkachuk will change that while giving up all our developing prospects. I have seen nothing out of Tkachuk to signify he is worth that. He has zero won playoff series to his name on a team that was suppose to be ready to make a run the last three years.

I think our top 6 is going to be crowded the next 2-3 years if Yurov comes over and Heidt makes the team. Much better as a whole team than if we sell the farm for one player.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tony Abbott said:

Wild are 8-1-1 lifetime against Brady Tkachuk. Brady has two goals and two assists in those 10 games. I'm not even a big plus/minus guy, but being minus-12 against Minnesota is also pretty funny. Not really sure what impact he was making against the Wild to make you think he had the it factor. 

hockey is a team game right? and ottawa has not been relevant since heater was on that team. i can care less about the record or his plus/minus. i bet his brother in calgary didn't have an eye popping stats as he does now in florida with  a better cast of players....and i bet the same on eichel. and yes i would bet on brady over boldy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGoosesAreLooses said:

I am telling you I am not willing. That is a loss for us. Thinning out our talent pool this year to reach for Tkachuk is not the play considering we still have 14.7 in cap hit. We NEED to have players on ELC's just to ice a team this year. How are we suppose to ice a team when you give up 3 players on ELC's (all with upside)?.

We currently have 6M to sign 1-2 D men and 2 forwards. We will want Chisholm back but he should be near league min so let's say 5M to sign 2-3 guys. Now drop ~3M (Khus, Rossi, Possibly Heidt) from that and add in Tkachuk's 8.2M. So not only do we lose talent from our group, thin out our depth but we would also not be able to fit him under the cap with needing to still replace 5-6 guys. So i guess we will just play without a forth line and a 7th D?

Let me make it clear in case you don't look at advanced metrics; our top line is dominant currently when it is on the ice. That is not an issue and will continue to not be this year. Our larger issue was goaltending and depth scoring. Your trade proposal literally takes us backwards and makes our depth worse while smashing us against the cap so hard we can't even call guys up. 

Yes they are, because they are using their remaining cap space to spread around and create depth. They have also had a system that contributes quality players from their AHL team and by taking on veteran "problem" players at a cheap cap hit. You think they would still be going if Bouchard, Holloway and Skinner weren't on that team? That is essentially what you are suggesting that Minn does; trade Bouch, Holloway and Skinner = Rossi, Khus and Heidt. Throwing away your developing players is not how anyone has won the cup unless your roster is on the cusp. Ours is nowhere near the cup, as demonstrated but the fact that we missed playoffs.

You're delusional if you think one player in Tkachuk will change that while giving up all our developing prospects. I have seen nothing out of Tkachuk to signify he is worth that. He has zero won playoff series to his name on a team that was suppose to be ready to make a run the last three years.

I think our top 6 is going to be crowded the next 2-3 years if Yurov comes over and Heidt makes the team. Much better as a whole team than if we sell the farm for one player.

My suggestion was Rossi (who is NOT going to be on ELC for much longer if kept and will likely be very overpaid) Knut (nothing special) Heidt (i dunno he scored a lot like Beckman ok so what? you going to base your lineup off a 17 year old production in a goal-friendly league? 2 first - yeah i am fine with that (time to stop looking forward and look at now)

Thanks my advance stat guru! but i am not arguing about our top line production. I am saying that if we keep the course that you argue for, then we loose Kap and your line becomes trash. cause rossi in place or Kap is trash. any number of your fancy prospects in place of Kap is trash. and if you keep prioritizing never ending development and caution - trash is what you will get starting in 2027 (if not sooner)

Stop taking words out of context. I said Tkachuk and many other options too. Tkachuk gets paid just a tad more than Boldy for your reference. Did you see nothing from Matthew Tkachuk or Eichel? They had as much success as Brady but i am sure you see thru those fakers too! 

Yeah cause Yurov is amazing and Heidt is amazing. We are all amazing! Tyler Graovac is amazing. Beckman is amazing. Stramel is amazing. Zach Phillips is amazing. Sokolov is amazing. You right! Nothing can go wrong. Proceed as normal. 🤔 

Thanks for the post, cheers!

Verified Member
On 5/20/2024 at 11:23 AM, mnfaninnc said:

Forgive me if I don't put a lot of stock in the World Championships, never did. The World Championships are for guys not in the NHL playoffs, or have been eliminated. The intensity is quite different between the 2 things.

What an odd and kind of condescending way to put it. By that rationale all other forms of hockey are inferior.

It’s still is very competitive hockey there’s lots of very high caliber players playing on their countries team. I look at it as a chance to see our young players get more reps after the nhl season and to see how their development is progressing. Even though Rossi doesn’t seem to be playing top lines minutes for whatever reason, he’s obviously embraced his role and is excelling at it. The Success of that team this year is obviously a product of Rossi’s play. To me he’s showing that he’s developing and handling his role with great maturity.

• Like 1