Hockey Wilderness

Article: Bill Guerin Has To Rebuild Trust With the Minnesota Wild Fanbase

On 4/24/2024 at 8:36 PM, Dave E said:

Guerin has had more than enough time to have improved this team. He should be shown the door

What do you consider to have "improved this team?" Seriously, from what was turned over to him, he has really improved this team greatly. He has made this team competitive at the N level, while completely rebuilding the future with prospects. Just because we can't see the improvement at the N level yet, doesn't mean he hasn't improved things. We were never going to be more than a competitive team during these last 5 years, but we haven't had to bottom out like tankers either.

10 hours ago, raithis said:

I kind of hate it.  I mean, I'm totally aware that we could use a power forward player with size, skill, and grit like Tkachuk, but he's just such an undisciplined ass.  I feel like he hurts a team almost as much as he helps it.

You hate these guys until they're on your team. You have to play with them to understand them. These guys are great teammates.

9 hours ago, Mateo3xm said:

there isn’t enough of them to fill the aging vets that are declining. I think BG as done some good things but he’s done an even better job of convincing some people that we have a chance for contention.

Mateo, have you seen what's coming? Today, there's not enough of them, but in a couple of years there will be more than enough of them. The "core" of today will be the fringe veteran presence in a couple of seasons. Everything changes as the transition happens. 

Give the guys some room to grow and develop. They'll get there.

Verified Member
On 4/25/2024 at 1:04 PM, Mateo3xm said:

You drank the cool aid without giving it a thought. You will see how preposterous the statement was that we will be in a window of contention in 25. I also don’t think you speak for most of us about BG. This team is going to be even older with our core players locked into contracts. The prospect coming up still have a few years to get the kinks ironed out before they enter their statistical prime.

there isn’t enough of them to fill the aging vets that are declining. I think BG as done some good things but he’s done an even better job of convincing some people that we have a chance for contention. This team is doing exactly what it always has done and will most likely get the same result.

The "core" is Kaprizov, Ek, Boldy, Rossi, Zuccarello, Spurgeon, Brodin and Faber.  2 are old. One in his prime. And the rest either just entering their prime or not there yet.  Only and idiot would think the "core" of this team includes Gaudreau, Johansson, Foligno and Fluery.

11 hours ago, Patrick said:

If that's the list then you get an A+

I cannot think of any others.  Point is these are the prospects BG inherited and these two are home runs but were acquired before BG’s time.  We can begin to judge BG’s GM abilities with arrival of kooz and ogzy.  BG needs an offseason of home run trades and more prospects need to arrive/surprise next season.  If not bg’s signature move so far is firing parise/Suter/evason and eating 4 yrs of two highest salaries on roster.  That’s a net negative for BG thru 5 yrs

#BGhottake

Edited by Pewterschmidt