Hockey Wilderness

Article: How Can the Wild Make the Most Of Their Nine Remaining Games?

Verified Member

Here are my lines for the final nine games

Kaprizov - JEEK - Khusnutdinov 

Boldy - Rossi - Zuccarello 

Lucchini - Shaw - Walker

Lettieri - Gaudreau - anyone but Johansson

I think if Khusnutdinov can be super creative assist machine guy a la Granlund or Zuccarello to Kaprizov that could help balance the talent by moving Boldy down with Rossi. 

I do think Rossi/Boldy is something that can work in the NHL and was the original plan before they needed wins and loaded up the top line.

• Like 1

Verified Member

Maybe but Heidt is supposed to have some sandpaper. RasKampu is not shrinking and he could be a power forward that fits in too. Right now the Wild should be looking at Rossi, Marat, Heidt, and RazmuKampu, trying to determine which guys are gonna fit long term. 

Rossi could be the type of player that helps you get another defenseman to upgrade the back end. This is possible IF there is a guy who can step in to play center. 

• Sad 1

Verified Member
11 hours ago, Protec said:

Rossi could be the type of player that helps you get another defenseman to upgrade the back end. This is possible IF there is a guy who can step in to play center. 

I just don't think we need the defender at this point. Perhaps I'm buying the hype of our defensive prospects, but I really feel like Hunt, Lambos and Spacek are defenders of our future here. So, instead of trading Rossi for that defender, we really just need a placeholder. Picking Chisholm off of waivers came at a real good time for this organization. 

Hunt should make it next season and start on the 3rd pairing. Lambos is probably a year away and Spacek probably 2 years away. Both need strength/weight training this offseason, as does Chisholm and Hunt could probably use some too.

• Like 1