Hockey Wilderness

Article: Marat Khusnutdinov's Leadership Can Help Improve Wild’s Consistency

Verified Member

Like the positive outlook and hope for a new Russian player. We can see Marat has great hair. I would love to see it trimmed into a 80's style Marat-tail but more importantly that he can become a dynamic forward like a Barzal or Cirelli. Since you mention comparable guys, the Wild really need someone who can improve the depth scoring and Knudi has some qualities that should fit nicely. 

The Marat-tail haircut would be a bonus. 😃

• Like 3

I thought the majority of the Wild players had a really good game against the Yotes.  There was a few exceptions.  Nojo was back and performing his usual skating drills while pretending to play hockey.  Rossi had a tough night.  He skated and worked his tail off.. But nothing seemed to go his way.  Stay focused and his effort should eventually get better results again.  

• Like 3

Verified Member

We need Knudi to go full MN-Hockey-Zlatan Ibrahomivic. You ever see the ego on that guy?

Scoring goals from the redline, referring to himself in the 3rd person, Marat could even pull the hair back and tie together a man-bun. That's the kind of confidence and leadership the Wild could use right now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J15vfXqnwWw&pp=ygUkaWJyYWhpbW92aWMgZmlyc3QgZ2FtZSBmb3IgbGEgZ2FsYXh5

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, MNCountryLife said:

Nojo was back and performing his usual skating drills while pretending to play hockey

Skating drills!!  my new favorite Nojo rip.  I can't stand that soulless, gutless douchebag.  That's how i really feel.

#waterskibackcheck

• Like 2

This is great excitement but Marat did not play a single NHL game yet. And he is here with Wild just less than a week. Maybe we should wait a little bit with expectations and see what player he really is (as well as what person he is).

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Verified Member
7 minutes ago, Lovehockey said:

This is great excitement but Marat did not play a single NHL game yet. And he is here with Wild just less than a week. Maybe we should wait a little bit with expectations and see what player he really is (as well as what person he is).

You win this thread so far. Expectations are already where he is not going to attain them. He's sporting 75 points in a 162 games overall in the KHL. 20 points in 49 games in his last season in the KHL. And he's comes at 5'11" and tips the scales at buck seventy six. He's not going to be running anyone over. I'm just not sure how excited I can get. 

But yet he's going to add the scoring depth that we need and a team leader?  Yeah lets let the kid get some toi first.  I've mentioned before that speed appears to be his biggest asset.  How much of that is going to be offset on a smaller rink with bigger smarter players? I'll take the wait and see approach.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Verified Member
18 minutes ago, Lovehockey said:

Let's get one thing straight, this is not gonna be Minnesota's first game with Marat. This is Marat's first game with the Wild. I heard he's training with Bogo and picking up tips. Just wait til his Rasputin-beard comes in, unstoppable.

😎

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Lovehockey said:

Why be rational?

I fought the urge to jump on the "put K-Nut on the first line as Ek's replacement".

Let's make sure he belongs in the NHL first.

• Like 3

Verified Member

Knudi will have a solid transition I predict. He's a pro already. He's got a Russian on the team who naturally helps helps speed up the learning curve. He's in a position where Deweys are out and there's nothing to push him out of the lineup. He should be able to get meaningful reps as the season winds down where he can begin to understand the NHL. I don't expect him to go full-Bedard in the next month but I think he'll contribute some and lay a foundation for a permanent role. Seeing him get his first NHL points should be fun. I'd love to see a Knudi to Beckman goal especially for a first. That would be awesome.

spacer.png

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MNCountryLife said:

If Ek is out on Thursday I would be inclined to put Marat on the 1st line with Boldy and Kirill.  Give him loads of time and see what we have.

I wouldn't do this, I'd put Rossi there. He's earned it. I'd put Dino on line 2. Pair him with Zuccarello to help mentor him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

I wouldn't do this, I'd put Rossi there. He's earned it. I'd put Dino on line 2. Pair him with Zuccarello to help mentor him.

Hmmm..  I like Rossi.  So I don't want to say anything against his play or his accomplishments this year.  He has performed admirably.  But I'm not sure I could say with confidence that he has earned the 1C position.  Obviously Marat hasn't either as he has not been here.  But Rossi has skated on the 1st line and he did not keep the position.  Why not give the kid a chance to shine on the top line.

Also, Kirill and Marat both speak Russian.  Seems like from a communication standpoint it would be easier for Kirill to be the mentor.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

Looks like 3rd line in-between Freddy and Foligno.  Same line Rossi started the year on.

My guess is Hartman plays with KK & Boldy.

Rossi with Zucc and the No?

• Like 2