Hockey Wilderness

Article: A Marco Rossi Breakout Is Lurking Below the Surface

3 hours ago, Pewterschmidt said:

Prediction: Duhaime's remaining time with Wild can be measured in days, not weeks.

BG may keep him around as a glue guy, but it won't be for his ability to make ice hockey plays.  And we've got glue guys signed long term already, so this group need hockey players.

I’m glad someone brought up Duhaime. When I look at his point production, he’s awful. He’s been given a chance with a 3rd line and has not produced. He has speed and grit but no skill, especially to finish. We have too many of these guys. 

he may have locker room value but that’s it. Effective on the PK but he’s taking a spot from someone who would be more effective 

• Like 1

This article here is what has me most pisses off about the 3 extensions prior to the season. This was the season to play the kids and begin the overturning of the roster when Khusnutdinov and Yurov come over. I'd be more excited to watch this team struggle the way they have if we knew it wasn't going to be the same team 2 years from now.

But as someone spelled out above, I enjoy the positives of the season like Boldy, Eriksson Ek, Kaprizov, and Rossi. Live every time they score. 

But the decreased flexibility going forward has me worried.