Hockey Wilderness

Article: Why Is Anyone Down On Matt Boldy?

Just want to point out that Ek/Boldy/Kaprizov are on pace for 30 goals a piece. Which would be the first time we've had 3x 30-goal scorers since Kevin Fiala was on the team. 

And only the 2nd time in the history of the franchise. 

FIRE GUERIN 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not so sure it takes Ek and Kaprizov to make Boldy so good. I thought Ek and Foligno also were clicking with Boldy. Ek and Boldy do have some synergy together, that is undeniable. But, could we get a Zuccarello-Rossi/Hartman-Kaprizov line going too?

Dino is the wild card in this, perhaps he could make something happen on Boldy's other wing? But, I think Ek needs to be paired with him. 

Boldy is also kind of a Swiss Army knife, where he can play several different styles depending on who he's paired with. I've liked the Boldy-Ek-Kaprizov, but if you can have another line going on a "pick your poison" type of lineup, I think that would be ideal. Another idea might be Dino-Rossi-Kaprizov?

I'm sure when Dino gets here, we will hear that hum of the line blender again!

On 2/15/2024 at 6:53 PM, mnfaninnc said:

I'm not so sure it takes Ek and Kaprizov to make Boldy so good. I thought Ek and Foligno also were clicking with Boldy. Ek and Boldy do have some synergy together, that is undeniable. But, could we get a Zuccarello-Rossi/Hartman-Kaprizov line going too?

Dino is the wild card in this, perhaps he could make something happen on Boldy's other wing? But, I think Ek needs to be paired with him. 

Boldy is also kind of a Swiss Army knife, where he can play several different styles depending on who he's paired with. I've liked the Boldy-Ek-Kaprizov, but if you can have another line going on a "pick your poison" type of lineup, I think that would be ideal. Another idea might be Dino-Rossi-Kaprizov?

I'm sure when Dino gets here, we will hear that hum of the line blender again!

I don't know.  I feel like we get tied up along the wall more and knocked around more when we put a small line out there. 

Some of the shorter guys play much bigger than they are, but if Kaprizov is having to do most of the heavy lifting along the wall in a shift, then he's less often putting himself in a position to be a shooter.  Being on a line with Boldy and Ek frees him up more. 

I don't think adding Khusnutdinov changes that (though I'd still like to see him come over as soon as he can).  I think Yurov getting here is what it will take to finally have two good scoring lines.

• Like 1

Yes, the Wild need better balance on the lines. McBain or Bjugstad would have been better than NoJo or Freddy at times this year for sure. I'm more willing to forgive French Canadian shortfalls than Elite Swede water-skiing. NoJo needs to become NoMo, as in goneski. Terminate the deal.:classic_biggrin: