Hockey Wilderness

Article: Zach Bogosian Has Been More Than Advertised

Luke Sims

A lot was made of moving Addison for Bogosian.  I think Guerin lost patience with Addison's..."limited" defensive skillet.  Addison got outhustled by Faber to be top defenseman by day 1.  There are people waiting their turns, and with Faber, Brodin, Middleton, and Spurgeon the top 4, the writing was on the wall.

Bogo is here to hold serve until next year, when hopefully Hunt, Lambos, etc do make the roster full time.

• Like 3

I am happy to report that I was utterly wrong on this deal. While I still believe that Addison has the potential to be a good defenseman down the road, Bogosian has done better than I could have imagined and really played up to the opportunity he was given. Never been happier to eat crow as I thought he might be a disaster based on his history.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, TheGoosesAreLooses said:

I am happy to report that I was utterly wrong on this deal. While I still believe that Addison has the potential to be a good defenseman down the road, Bogosian has done better than I could have imagined and really played up to the opportunity he was given. Never been happier to eat crow as I thought he might be a disaster based on his history.

I had the same thoughts, i would have liked to se Addison given a little more tim but glad I was wrong about Bogo.

• Like 2

Hockey Wilderness Contributor
8 hours ago, Pewterschmidt said:

Bogosian, Ian Cole, Soucy the list goes on.  Serviceable bottom pair d man are easy to find and shouldn’t be given too much term or AAV.  

Yet it happens every single summer. 

Luke Schenn.exe

I told you guys from the beginning this was a good chain of deals for us this year. If we went through these injuries having to use Addison in the top 4, we'd be in big, big trouble. 

For those who are Addison fans, he is developing with the Sharks, getting over 18 minutes a night for them. In 21 games, he's a -12 with 1-5-6. 3 of those points is on the PP. If Addison is going to make it, he needs to be on a developing team getting high ice time like he is. Perhaps the change of scenery will do him well?

Bogosian is a big bodied RHS defender which we haven't had in a long time. 3rd pairing defenders are supposed to be the ones who get the dirty jobs, like PK assignments. But, thrust into an emergency 2nd pairing role, Bogosian has held his own, about the best we could expect from him. He also has a reputation of being mean, and most players are quite aware of that style. We needed a guy like this as we didn't have one for the right side. Midsy is good, but he's just one guy.