Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Wild Are Not As Well Represented At World Juniors This Year

Thomas Williams

Honestly, I prefer flying under the radar with the prospects. Did anyone else notice the change for Petrovsky? He's grown 2" since being drafted. I'd imagine that also includes some weight gain too. And, upon checking, I was right, he's up about 20 lbs. at 187. 

Generally kids on late growth spurts have to have their eyes adjust to the new length in arms and legs. So, there seems to be a little development flat lining before they pick it back up again. Still, at this weight, Petrovsky is only about 8 pounds away from an NHL body for his height!

2 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

Honestly, I prefer flying under the radar with the prospects. Did anyone else notice the change for Petrovsky? He's grown 2" since being drafted. I'd imagine that also includes some weight gain too. And, upon checking, I was right, he's up about 20 lbs. at 187. 

Generally kids on late growth spurts have to have their eyes adjust to the new length in arms and legs. So, there seems to be a little development flat lining before they pick it back up again. Still, at this weight, Petrovsky is only about 8 pounds away from an NHL body for his height!

A 2" growth spurt would have a big effect on his skating also.