Hockey Wilderness

Article: Russo Provides Further Detail On Wild Front Office "Drama" On Recent Podcast

Carlton Bloom

On 12/22/2023 at 1:24 PM, B1GKappa97 said:

More like he decided to take the nuclear option on his way out the door, which is what makes it sus. If it was so terrible to work with Guerin, why wait years to report any of it to HR?

We don't even know any details on the exchanges except that the NFL and team don't feel it rises to the level of a fire-able offense. Or apparently any other disciplinary action, seeing as there hasn't been any reports of that.  

I've heard that he went to management not because of how he was being treated by Guerin, but by how Guerin was treating others.

On 12/22/2023 at 10:45 AM, MacGyver said:

I'll add that anyone who has ever worked in a corporate environment knows fully well you do not go to HR without documentation of your grievances. Not if you want to be taken at all seriously. Heydt obviously knew how it worked and played it accordingly. He knew fully well he was ending his time with the Wild when he went to HR. 

There are plenty of people in the corporate world who use HR complaints as a petty way to air minor grievances or perceived slights. Those same employees often push buttons they know will solicit a response.

The 14 other employees interviewed said Guerin had never verbally abused them if I'm reading the report right. It's just as easy to suspect the complaining employee was petty, entitled, and expecting HR to protect them from criticism.

I've reported management at my level, and a little above, for their conduct aimed at their own employees who didn't report to me at the time. It's not like abusive management doesn't happen, but I've also seen many more employees behaving inappropriately and using complaints as a way to get what they want or try and protect their own unprofessional conduct.

• Like 1