Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wilderness Walk: Is Kirill Kaprizov Back?

Thomas Williams

18 minutes ago, Will D. Ness said:

Freddy maybe but he was horrible last night.

I think he was on a shift in the OT. He looked very slow out there to me. Lol. But ya he was one I was thinking of when I wrote it. I'd rather have someone out there who maybe slow but is comfortable with the puck on their stick.

11 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

Looking at full speed, I didn't think it was a high stick. Looking at the replay, I didn't think Coyle got hit with a stick high, I thought it was Goligoski's hand. 

Trouble is, when you're in my doghouse, every little thing gets noticed.

I actually thought Goligoski was doing a good job against Coyle on that play, but his stick did get in the area for that call.  Two guys battling in front of the net and the smaller guy catches the bigger guy up high as a result of a good battle with little time left. Bad luck for Goloigoski in my opinion on that call.  

My biggest concern with Goligoski is not making a competent decision with the puck.  He takes just a bit too long as to what due with the puck while being checked and it results in a bad turnover too often.

Until we get Brodonkey and spurge back, we're going to be thin on d-men.....

7 hours ago, AKwildkraken said:

My biggest concern with Goligoski is not making a competent decision with the puck.  He takes just a bit too long as to what due with the puck while being checked and it results in a bad turnover too often.

This, coupled by his slow puck retrieval has led to several goals against. We simply cannot afford to keep rolling out a guy who should know better, yet puts us in poor positions. 

This is also the reason why I'm thinking bringing up Lambos, even though he's not quite ready, to make his debut could actually help. Lambos' strength is in his skating ability, and at this point, would be better than anchors and cones. 

Now, another idea could be going with a 4-1 at times and seeing if that doesn't add us a little offense? I wouldn't do it often, but sneaking in a couple of shifts like that could shake up an opposing coach and cause some sort of overreaction.