Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Wild's Penalty Kill Changes Are Already Yielding Strong Results

Justin Wiggins

I posted something about this on a different article, but I'll say it again.  Game one was against one of the worst PP in the NHL, and the second was against a team he used to coach, so he knows the tendencies.  

That being said, I was thoroughly enjoying how they were breaking up the entry of the other team's PP, as the article highlighted.  I hope this continues to work against other teams.  

• Like 3

Hockey Wilderness Contributor
17 minutes ago, AKwildkraken said:

I posted something about this on a different article, but I'll say it again.  Game one was against one of the worst PP in the NHL, and the second was against a team he used to coach, so he knows the tendencies.  

That being said, I was thoroughly enjoying how they were breaking up the entry of the other team's PP, as the article highlighted.  I hope this continues to work against other teams.  

This is also very true and can't be ignored. I'm excited to see if this carries over to next week when they face the likes of Vancouver and Edmonton. Much better litmus test. 

4 hours ago, Burnt Toast said:

So the Wild are starting to do things other teams have been doing to them on the PP all year. Pressure at the blue line and force zone entry turnovers. Now please break out the film on how drop passes are passé. 

And add to that how they can improve and sustain PK face-off draws.

• Like 1