Hockey Wilderness

Article: What Can John Hynes Do To Get the Most Out of the Wild?

Kalisha Turnipseed

Patrick Maroon is the 1st candidate because he leads forwards in 1st assists with 6.

I'm not quite sure I agree with this article. After last nights game against the Preds, they sure look they got their energy back and the PK has been stellar, 8 for 8 in the last two games. Gus Bus is looking more relaxed and confident. The D is playing better in front of him by blocking shots and timely clears. The PP even looks better even though they only went 1 for 5 in that same time span. They have been moving the puck and getting good looks. The tempo that the guys are playing with is something that had been rarely shown this season and I like it! They are scoring goals again.

I'm still wondering why only Evanson and Woods were relieved of their duties and the rest of the coaching staff stays put? Maybe to have some input on the system that the team plays with (Communication)? The D has been playing poorly so Bob had to go as well is my thought.

Whatever happened in the locker room and on the ice since the firing is quite noticeable. "Keep it up Boys!"

Consistency needs to be priority!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Backwoodsbob said:

The D has been playing poorly so Bob had to go as well is my thought.

I think the PK was the main thing. Woods was in charge of the PK and defense. BG said that he offered to fire Woods last year but DE was adamantly against it so he did not. Ultimately that may have been what caused DE his job. He was admirably loyal to his assistant coaches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Up North Guy said:

I think the PK was the main thing. Woods was in charge of the PK and defense. BG said that he offered to fire Woods last year but DE was adamantly against it so he did not. Ultimately that may have been what caused DE his job. He was admirably loyal to his assistant coaches.

I was thinking the same here.

I'm curious to see how the penalty kill continues to perform under Heinie.  Game one was against the Worst PP in the league and game 2 against his former team, so he has some insight against them.  I was absolutely loving how they were stopping them on the entry versus Nashville .  I hope to see more of it in future games.