Hockey Wilderness

Article: Gamethread: Wild vs. Senators (10:00 a.m.)

Thomas Williams

1 hour ago, Dango said:

I dont have good vibes about tomorrows game  .

This team needs an overhaul and some very very high draft pics. So I hope they suck.

this years draft seems to be above average with some really big and talented defenseman.

I would love macklin Celebrini too.

the Wild have never had a real number 1 Center.

I'm not sure what everyone was expecting from the Wild this year but I'm not shocked to see they are where they are at. To expect this team to repeat what they have done the last two years is not realistic. Many of the vets have had career years at the same time. That's nearly impossible to repeat and BG thinking they could actually improve on that is him believing in fairy tales.  These guys are now a year or two older and the good news is we have the core of what we have now for three more years! 🙄 

We have one super star and I'm hedging on calling him that but when the rest of the team tapers off like they have they drag him along with them. There can only be one of two things wrong with him. He's hurt or unhappy. Take your pick. If they don't pick up two points tomorrow it will be interesting to see what BG has in store. 

2 hours ago, Mateo3xm said:

Brodin it’s such a special defenseman.

theres nobody I’d rather have out there going against the other teams top players.

Kap does not look right. I don’t know what’s going on but it’s not good.

I wonder if he is in his head at this point, feeling the pressure to preform and not getting the results. Trying to do too much?

24 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I'm not sure what everyone was expecting from the Wild this year but I'm not shocked to see they are where they are at. To expect this team to repeat what they have done the last two years is not realistic. Many of the vets have had career years at the same time. That's nearly impossible to repeat and BG thinking they could actually improve on that is him believing in fairy tales.  These guys are now a year or two older and the good news is we have the core of what we have now for three more years! 🙄 

We have one super star and I'm hedging on calling him that but when the rest of the team tapers off like they have they drag him along with them. There can only be one of two things wrong with him. He's hurt or unhappy. Take your pick. If they don't pick up two points tomorrow it will be interesting to see what BG has in store. 

Tinfoil hat time, maybe BG signed the extensions to tank, playing 3d chess to get that high draft pick everyone has been craving? But seriously I think you nailed it, regression to the mean and not putting up career years. I get the feeling we are in for a long year...or 3. I admit I supported the signings as I am not a GM and don't claim to be, but have been proven wrong so far and am now wondering what grand plans are in store as well.

• Like 2

I have stated before that maybe Guerin was pulling a fast one on Leipold, who won't let anyone tank.  He said what he needed to, but didn't throw away the really valuable stuff in higher draft picks like an idiot would do (wonder if we know any GMs that did that...oh wait, we did).

Schadenfreude at its finest right now.

Edited by Citizen Strife

Krill continues to be so nonchalant on his penalty shot attempts. If you see a live game at home he looks like he’s in warmup mode. He’s getting knocked off his skates easier this year.  Couple years ago he was a top 10 player. Now, don’t see him even as a top 50 player. He doesn’t look hungry. 

Not  sure why Boldy was not the 3rd shooter. Love EK, but only reason is he’s a Sweed. Are we trying to win or doing something nice for the home boy giving him a chance?  Dean’s got to go. I think this trip will do him in. Expect the Wild to get smoked Sunday against the Maple Leafs. 

6 hours ago, MacGyver said:

As has been pointed out elsewhere, Guerin performed at a high level during his playing career for longer than most of his peers.  He seems to believe that's what he can expect from Foglino and Zuccarello over the next four years, when it's much more likely they will be replacement level or worse by the end of their contracts.  You can probably add Goose's and Merrill's extensions from previous years here as well.

Does anyone here have any confidence that GMBG or CDE will truly acknowledge when a young player (take your pick from our prospects) has surpassed a veteran in performance?  Especially when we're set up to have no more than one or two top nine forwards / top six defensemen slots open in training camp for the foreseeable future?

• Like 1

"Does anyone here have any confidence that GMBG or CDE will truly acknowledge when a young player (take your pick from our prospects) has surpassed a veteran in performance? "

I think Rossi and Faber have proven even Evason can be swayed with the tides every once in a while.  Rossi has more goals than any rookie than Bedard, and Faber is...just godlike compared to other options.  Just because Addison didn't work doesn't mean the other prospects we have won't find any potential spots.

18 hours ago, IllicitFive said:

I wonder if he is in his head at this point, feeling the pressure to preform and not getting the results. Trying to do too much?

Idk, I think he’s either hurt or he’s pissed he’s on a bad team.

could see him getting tired of carrying the team on his back and still not getting the results he wants.

i know the guy is extremely competitive.

I sincerely think we are going to lose him after his contract is up.

most ppl think that’s not the case but I just have a feeling.

if he wants off, I just hope we get something significant for him like a blue chip defender or #1 center prospect.