Hockey Wilderness

Article: A Forgotten Prospect Could Make Noise For the Wild Soon

Kalisha Turnipseed

10 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

Speaking of Prospects:

1. Heidt continues to lead the prospects with 32 pts in 18 games
  2. Haight is 2nd with 20 in 17 games
  3. Petrovsky and Kumpulainen are around a pt/gm
  4. Yurov and Firstov are now tied with 19 points, Yurov has had a good couple of weeks as has Firstov
  5. Beckman is not lighting the world on fire with 4-4-8 in 12 games
  6. Dino is heating up with his new team 4-5-9 in 16 games
  7. Walker 0-6-6 10 games

The next section is growing pains, the development of our D

1. O'Rourke 1-4-5 12gm +0
  2. S. Johansson 3-1-4 12gm -7
  3. Lambos 1-3-4 12gm -2
  4. Masters 0-2-2 7gm +3
  5. Spacek 0-1-1 7gm -1
  6. Stramel is still pointless in 5 games. Anyone keep up with WI hockey?

Try to keep in mind that Lambos, Masters, Spacek were all around pt/gm defenders in jr. Jumping to the A certainly has a league upgrade. Ohgren, Milne, Bankier have yet to lace up the skates for a team. 

Second this. Would also like to know how Stramel looks via the eye test.

22 hours ago, Up North Guy said:

That said, do you really believe that they would send Freddy to Iowa?

Probably not this season, but it is possible that they send him down later in his career. I would give him an assignment to help the prospects and make him team captain. Since his contract is 1 way, he still gets paid the same, just a rougher bus ride. 

I do think Freddy might be groomed for front office material after he retires. If this is the plan, late in his career, he could be starting to do that, almost like having a player/coach on the ice.

21 hours ago, Up North Guy said:

Truly I believe there would be a lot of blowback if Freddy would be sent down this year. No way BG does that after giving him a five year contract.

I believe he will be, but it will be a rehab assignment. He stays up here this year, and probably the next 2.

On 11/16/2023 at 3:57 PM, mnfaninnc said:

Speaking of the K, Firstov signed his ELC contract. He was then "loaned" to the K. Russian leagues are different since the NHL doesn't have an agreement with them. Does his ELC just continue to slide to when he comes back? Mr. Chea, would you care to let us know how this works?

I am pretty sure he just took off, and the Wild later did him a favor by loaning him or they just needed to in order to keep the books. I believe he also got a suspension for hitting a ref. He has the talent but seems more like an Alexander Radulov than anyone to set your hopes on.