Hockey Wilderness

Article: Gamethread: Wild vs. Oilers (8:00 p.m.)

Thomas Williams

Sorry been inactive. Wife wanted to watch game 7 so I’ve been watching on my phone. 

Can definitely tell both teams are desperate. Holy cow PK!! Any of those go in and it’s a different period. Happy for Rossi getting the “dirty area” goal and Hartman for the chop goal. Outside of that the 1st line still looks terrible. Gotta shake something up there, swap Mojo & Zucc for an easy trial. 

• Like 2

If we get another PP chance that group has to do something. The lone one we got the whole 2mins was disheveled. Addison is taking a page out of Dumba’s book and shooting a bomb slap shot on a quick trigger with people standing directly in front of him. Klingberg was rough last year on D but man he could walk the blueline masterfully to change the angle on his shot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_Nels said:

If we get another PP chance that group has to do something. The lone one we got the whole 2mins was disheveled. Addison is taking a page out of Dumba’s book and shooting a bomb slap shot on a quick trigger with people standing directly in front of him. Klingberg was rough last year on D but man he could walk the blueline masterfully to change the angle on his shot. 

Last year Addison walked the line better (Klingberg did it better yet), but this year Addison just seems to want to shoot.  Part of what made him successful was the quick decision-making and movement.  He needs to be a little more mobile and shoot a little less.

1 minute ago, M_Nels said:

I don’t know why KK97 didn’t shoot that??! Overpassing has been killer for him this year. He’s got an elite shot coming down the wing, pick a spot and shoot!

Mental problems. Minnesota needs some good energy and it isn't gonna build this way.

The whole team looks disjointed to me. Hate to say this but two goals have been the direct result of draws lost clean in the d-zone. Found money for Maroon and Khaira, but didn't sign Nosek who wins draws and makes the same money. 

Guerin and Dean haven't done shit about this for the past three years straight. It does matter when you lose most faceoffs.

7 minutes ago, raithis said:

Campbell is in net, not Skinner.

Good call, my bad. He’s playing lights out, we’ve had plenty of good looks and chances just can’t finish. Puck luck is not on our side. That last shift you can tell KK97 is pissed and is going to try and will his line to score. Down 1 going into the 3rd, not a terrible spot to be.