Hockey Wilderness

Article: Gamethread: Wild @ Maple Leafs (6:00 p.m.)

Tony Abbott

4 minutes ago, Tony Abbott said:

Two seasons ago. Last season Wild only out-scored 144-138 at 5-on-5. Second in defense, but couldn't score. 

That's interesting. It seemed like they lost games that were filled with lots of extra curricular stuff. Won games that were more rhythm 5v5.

If I recall, the Wild have been one of the more heavily penalized teams in recent years. Hartman, and Foligno, at times Greenway was taking dumb minors at bad times too. Teams like Dallas or Toronto with good power play aren't teams you wanna take penalties against.

10 minutes ago, Tony Abbott said:

I'll maintain until I die that Rossi had the skill and smarts to succeed in the right situation last year, but he absolutely looks faster than he did last year.

He's in the exact situation as last year, playing w Foligno. He was too slow and not physically engaged at all last year. That's on him, not the situation. Good for him to realize his shortcomings and stay here over the summer to improve. 

• Like 1