Hockey Wilderness

Article: What Does Success Mean For the Wild In 2023?

Brevan Bane

Hoping to see progression in the postseason. My expectations are to win a playoff series. By everything signaled by our management with the contracts given this year, they believe this core can do it. I want to see results for our core that we heavily invested in and are stuck with due to the NMC/NTC situation.

In regular season I'm excited to watch the guys makes steps in the right direction. Guys like Rossi, Duhaime, Dewar and Boldy are young and have the upside to continue to elevate their game. If Dewar and Duhaime are on the chopping block, I want to watch those guys blow the doors off this season and really show what they can do. 

Our placement in the reg season to me doesn't really matter beyond being in the playoffs. If we can't make the playoffs I will be inclined to lose faith in this core to get it done and hope we can pivot enough to salvage the years after without cap hit before Kap makes a decision. 

Just now, TheGoosesAreLooses said:

Hoping to see progression in the postseason. My expectations are to win a playoff series. By everything signaled by our management with the contracts given this year, they believe this core can do it. I want to see results for our core that we heavily invested in and are stuck with due to the NMC/NTC situation.

In regular season I'm excited to watch the guys makes steps in the right direction. Guys like Rossi, Duhaime, Dewar and Boldy are young and have the upside to continue to elevate their game. If Dewar and Duhaime are on the chopping block, I want to watch those guys blow the doors off this season and really show what they can do. 

Our placement in the reg season to me doesn't really matter beyond being in the playoffs. If we can't make the playoffs I will be inclined to lose faith in this core to get it done and hope we can pivot enough to salvage the years after without cap hit before Kap makes a decision. 

My expectations though? First round exit😅. This team hasn't changed and the west got better. Going to be a hard road to the second round this year.

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 10:29 AM, mnfaninnc said:

Expectations? Mine are a 100 pt. season, 3rd in the Central, 1st round playoff bounce. I'm also expecting an entertaining season and seeing Rossi develop into the player we thought he'd be when we drafted him. 

I expect this to be Evason's last year at the helm and he'll be replaced following another sorry playoff series. I'm not sure who will take over, but I've got my eye on Mike Sullivan right now. I'm not sure he survives another year in Pittsburgh. I also believe that Sullivan coaches the style of play that Guerin wants to see.

I expect Rossi to change the pronunciation of his last name a couple more times. 😳

Seriously though, the kid better get real, genuine time skating in the top-6 this season. Unless the team goes ape-$hit-crazy and looks like we're the favorite to win the Cup, Rossi gotta get significant top-6 time.

8 minutes ago, FredJohnson said:

Seriously though, the kid better get real, genuine time skating in the top-6 this season. Unless the team goes ape-$hit-crazy and looks like we're the favorite to win the Cup, Rossi gotta get significant top-6 time.

So, what happens if the Ek line rolls like it did at the end of last year, and Hartman looks perfectly fine between Zuccarello and Kaprizov? And, what if Gaudreau and Foligno are having good seasons between Rossi?

It would be a good problem to have!

3 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

Hartman looks perfectly fine between Zuccarello and Kaprizov

Perfectly fine isn't good enough for my taste as it relates to KK's line. If the Ek line isn't as good this year, move Rossi up!

(or for one of the obligatory injured players, example: after Suter takes a cheap shot)

3 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

So, what happens if the Ek line rolls like it did at the end of last year, and Hartman looks perfectly fine between Zuccarello and Kaprizov? And, what if Gaudreau and Foligno are having good seasons between Rossi?

It would be a good problem to have!

Chemistry, consistency, and production, before WHAT WE THINK.....:classic_huh: