Hockey Wilderness

Article: Who Is Jujhar Khaira? And What Does He Bring the Wild?

Mikki Tuohy

Anyone wonder what kind of Indian was Punjabi? I did!

The Punjabis are an Indo-Aryan ethnolinguistic group associated with the Punjab region, comprising areas of eastern Pakistan and northwestern India.

I agree with Mikki that he will be used as the 13th forward. I wonder if they will send him down from time to time to accrue cap space? It wouldn't be much, but might get us closer to bringing up someone if need be.

We like to play a hard gritty style, and it will appear as if that will be our identity for the next couple of seasons. We are not a particularly large team so asking us to do this, as several have pointed out, usually leads us to being a bit banged up after 82 games. 

I think that finishing checks and making it hard for opponents, especially at home, is the right way to play, but does it fit our roster? Maybe not? But Khaira certainly helps fill that role. 

It also seems like we have quite a few guys who we might have to put on IR at some point this season. We don't have a lot of money to bring guys up and down. I've got to believe that LTIR will get used this year.

51 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

Anyone wonder what kind of Indian was Punjabi? I did!

I agree with Mikki that he will be used as the 13th forward. I wonder if they will send him down from time to time to accrue cap space? It wouldn't be much, but might get us closer to bringing up someone if need be.

We like to play a hard gritty style, and it will appear as if that will be our identity for the next couple of seasons. We are not a particularly large team so asking us to do this, as several have pointed out, usually leads us to being a bit banged up after 82 games. 

I think that finishing checks and making it hard for opponents, especially at home, is the right way to play, but does it fit our roster? Maybe not? But Khaira certainly helps fill that role. 

It also seems like we have quite a few guys who we might have to put on IR at some point this season. We don't have a lot of money to bring guys up and down. I've got to believe that LTIR will get used this year.

LTIR - LighT Iowa Rail?

15 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

I wonder if they will send him down from time to time to accrue cap space? It wouldn't be much, but might get us closer to bringing up someone if need be.

Russo has written several times that he does not see the Wild carrying a 13th forward unless absolutely needed. Khaira will need to clear waivers to be sent down but that should not be an impediment to sending him down. If he gets claimed, he gets claimed.

• Like 1