Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wild Keep Mats Zuccarello In Minnesota For Two More Years

Thomas Williams

3 minutes ago, Willy the poor boy said:

This plays into the opinion I've held all along which is in the minority. DE has been saving BG with his coaching. BG has stumbled, IMO, into success as GM for the Wild all along with the help of Evason. I think it's been pretty apparent all along also.

Soft fruit only please...

I can not agree, but I can say I also wasn't of the IGMBGWT crowd. 

I think Deano is a good reg season coach and BG was smoking a dump truck of crack today. Next announcement will be Hartman 8X6M💩

I may be in the minority here, but I am fine with the Zuccarello deal, since it's only two years and the nhl salary cap will be going up each year. 4 mil a year over two years is OK in my book.

The deal I really don`t like, is the 4 year deal for Foligno. That is a big waste, since we have guys like Duhaime or Dewar who could do just as well.

The Wild appear to be learning nothing from the Suter and Parise deals / buyouts. I could understand a 1 year deal for Foligno, but not 4. Minnesota still needs a legit first line center, but Guerin seems to have no interest in getting one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quebec1648 said:

I may be in the minority here, but I am fine with the Zuccarello deal, since it's only two years and the nhl salary cap will be going up each year. 4 mil a year over two years is OK in my book.

The deal I really don`t like, is the 4 year deal for Foligno. That is a big waste, since we have guys like Duhaime or Dewar who could do just as well.

The Wild appear to be learning nothing from the Suter and Parise deals / buyouts. I could understand a 1 year deal for Foligno, but not 4. Minnesota still needs a legit first line center, but Guerin seems to have no interest in getting one. 

I was OK with the Zucc deal also. I'm with ya on Foligno also. 4 years?

• Like 2

Oof. And Foligno for another 4 years.

I’ve been a fan of what Billy G has been doing but these two signings I can’t get behind. Zooky is only extended because he’s friends with Kap.

I thought it’s all about bleeping winning? Seems like this is more about keeping the underachieving gang together.

Edited by B1GKappa97