Hockey Wilderness

Forum Etiquette/Questions

M_Nels

Hey guys/gals, want to say ever since I've joined I've been a huge fan of this forum but do have a couple quick questions. I'm a Reddit transplant that was looking for a place to discuss the Wild without the toxicity of Reddit.

I use iOS and post from my phone 95% of the time, is there a specific browser that works best on iOS to view/reply to the forum? It can be a son of a gun especially to partially quote posts and reply.

I see that the majority of the topics are tied to an article. Is it "frowned upon" to start a topic without being tied to an article? Not that I'm going to spam the front page with a bunch of BS posts but I also don't want to interrupt the "status quo" since the article topics get plenty of replies and discussion.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I've started threads on my random musings. They're not as well engaged as those related to articles but I think more people should do it. I comment on those.

I don't know there's too much etiquette really. I don't think too much posting is seen too negatively or I woulda heard by now. 

Too many posts consecutively might be a bit too much. It isn't too painful to read opinions on the Wild and who's too soft or who takes too many dumb penalties. Being too optimistic on prospects or too quick to judge with aging netminders can be too much fun. Don't be too serious. 

11 hours ago, Protec said:

I've started threads on my random musings. They're not as well engaged as those related to articles but I think more people should do it. I comment on those.

I don't know there's too much etiquette really. I don't think too much posting is seen too negatively or I woulda heard by now. 

I do not always read/post on reader articles because I don’tsee them on my iPhone screen.  Easier for me to engage in conversation in the forum comments.  That said (Nels, Protec, all the rest), appreciate any/all contributions and it’s a great escape from the workday 

Nels, extra points for creativity.  

17 hours ago, M_Nels said:

I see that the majority of the topics are tied to an article. Is it "frowned upon" to start a topic without being tied to an article? Not that I'm going to spam the front page with a bunch of BS posts but I also don't want to interrupt the "status quo" since the article topics get plenty of replies and discussion.

No, the Forums are for y'all. Anything Wild-related, post what you want here. Anything Hockey-related, post in the Hockey section.