Hockey Wilderness

Free Agency Opens

Protec

Pretty sure qualifying offers to RFAs need to be in here pretty soon. After that what will the Wild be doing?

Guerin said they were pretty set on defense. My hope the Wild would upgrade the left side and get Soucy or Graves instead of Merrill isn’t likely. He said if they do make any moves it will be with the forwards. Perhaps he can sign Nosek at center, and get a scoring winger. Pacioretty isn’t gonna be too expensive I would imagine since he’s hurt all the time. That could be a nice gamble though cause the guy can score goals. If he wasn’t too expensive or long-term, I’d be okay with the risk of injury. 

What do you guys think the Wild will do or who are the players you’d like to see them sign or go after?

• Thanks 1

Guys who might fit that didn’t get qualifying offers.

Ryan Poehling, Zack MacEwan, Kostin,(close to signing) Michael McLeod, Morgan Geekie, Denis Malgin, Rasmus Asplund, Logan Brown, Lias Andersson, Noah Gregor, Nolan Patrick, and perhaps a couple wingers like Denis Gurianov,Daniel Sprong or Puljujarvi, AND mnfaninnc’s guy Kieffer Bellows is not signed.

I noticed Ollie Ericksson Ek, and Oskari Laaksonen were not qualified in case you wanna go for names that fit the Wild.

The Wild didn’t qualify Steel, Shaw, or Giroux...

Forgot to mention Jost-toasties is back on the market.

GMBG tried Galchenyuk, Jostholio, Steel, and I think that’s it for former 1st rounders but none have worked out yet. Maybe Poehling is the next former 1st the Wild should give a chance to?

• Like 1

Well boys, will Nashville sign O'Reilly? 

Could the Wild make a splash and get Tarasenko? 

Will my guy Nosek come to MN or would Soucy return?

What if MN could get a player like Bertuzzi? Figure out how to dump Zuccarello & Foligno later.

JVR to Boston for 1 year/$1 mil. Maybe we weren’t so interested in him last year after all.

Happy for Reevo that he got a (checks notes) 3-year deal?!? I know BG wanted him back, but not at that term.

A lot of 1-year deals going out for low $ with the cap expected to go up so much more next year.. Hope we get in on some action

1 hour ago, Secord Sucks said:

JVR to Boston for 1 year/$1 mil. Maybe we weren’t so interested in him last year after all.

Happy for Reevo that he got a (checks notes) 3-year deal?!? I know BG wanted him back, but not at that term.

A lot of 1-year deals going out for low $ with the cap expected to go up so much more next year.. Hope we get in on some action

I was surprised to see O'Rielly go for < $20M/4years. I would have thought it would be higher.

Former Wild players Mike Rielly to the Panthers, Cam Talbot to LA.

There's still some big names out there. I had a feeling O'Rielly would go to Nashville but zero Tarasenko or Bertuzzi vibe for the Wild.

I like that Nosek and Graves are still available. Those two players would be great for the overall depth on defense and down the middle. Graves can score from the back end Nosek wins draws. Of the scoring wingers, Bertuzzi is a guy I'd sign for a few years, maybe four but he's gotten hurt often. Durability is a concern, but he was great in the playoffs so perhaps you'd be smart to get a guy like that when you can and move Hobbits or Moose afterwards?

Tarasenko could be a shorter-term complimentary signing. My gut tells me neither guy is coming to MN.

Killorn going to Anahiem.

Acciari to the Penguins.

Theme is some teams are adding veterans to maintain their window of contention. A few like Nashville are building up to turn their trajectory around.

7 minutes ago, Dango said:

So whats our deal,   we have to wait for arbitration  on a couple players before we know what real  cap space we have left ?

I'm sure the Wild have an idea of what would be awarded in that case. It just looks like they aren't working on Saturday. Probably an indication of what they intend to do via free agency.

Dumba not signed anywhere right away. Not sure what that tells us?

Colorado is involved now with a decent pickup, Miles Wood. Former Devil isn't a top tier guy but good player and they got him for 15M/6years.

Compher to the Red Wings.

Looks like Nashville will be a bit of a wild card with the moves they've made. They've got some pretty solid players at their core.

Not too much from Dallas but they haven't got worse.

Colorado signed Byram.

3 hours ago, Secord Sucks said:

And we’re on the board! Or, Iowa is anyway. Lettieri is Lou Nanne’s grandson. https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/wild-signs-lettieri-and-lucchini-070123/c-345164556

Minnesota Wild Signs Forwards Vinni Lettieri and Jake Lucchini

Back in the day im thinking late 80s early 90s i used to go to Eagans 4rth of July weekend thing and former Mn Kicks goalie Tino Lettieri would run a Gyro stand, i bought a few Gyros from him . Looks like those 2 put up some decent stats in the AHL  .

• Like 1