Hockey Wilderness

Article: Charlie Stramel Is the Home Run Swing Fans Wanted the Wild To Draft

Tony Abbott

11 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

These guys should be pretty affordable to resign.

I’d like to see these guys both take another step. Both players have had another year. Duhaime has been hurt more, Dewar a little less overall experience but it would be great if those guys came back 15-20% more productive. 

15 hours ago, Protec said:

I don’t think the Wild will need to expect a lot of scoring from Stramel initially. It’s been known Guerin wants a scoring wing. Boeser or that type of guy can come in with a proven record, give the Wild that punch and a player like Stramel will be insulated. My gut tells me he would adjust to NHL hockey and be good in a lesser role where he’s learning and building confidence. Similar to Boldy. I don’t have much doubt there. That is good, and I’d much rather argue over the ceiling VS. whether they even have the arsenal of attributes to make it.

The thing about Stramel is he already plays his size and seems to know his strong suit (something Greenway never learned). Even if he comes to the NHL and just physically dominates and wins face-offs his first couple years without putting up a ton of points that is fine. I imagine he will probably be a roughly 35-45 point a year player when he puts everything together.....but if he is defensively sound, plays hard, and can win face-offs that is just fine in my book.

Edited by jgodwin17
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jgodwin17 said:

The thing about Stramel is he already plays his size and seems to know his strong suit (something Greenway never learned). Even if he comes to the NHL and just physically dominates and wins face-offs his first couple years without putting up a ton of points that is fine. I imagine he will probably be a roughly 35-45 point a year player when he puts everything together.....but if he is defensively sound, plays hard, and can win face-offs that is just fine in my book.

Somebody who can defend against the Stephensons, Benns, and Tkachuks in the league. 

• Like 2