Hockey Wilderness

Article: Now Isn't the Best Time For Wild To Move Marcus Foligno

Tony Abbott

Foligno and Reaves are basically the same players. Physical presence guys. I don’t see the offensive instincts too different, if given more ice time with better guys, I think Reaves could score 21 points like Moose.

I think most people would agree it’s why we traded Greenway in part because his game was redundant and inconsistent. Foligno at least has steady hustle/drive. It’s just kinda aimless at times.

Pat Maroon is another player in this category with Lucic. Presence guys who get around 20 points. I think if a team can get less fighting and fewer body checks but get production like Alex Killorn, Alex Tuch, Nino Neiderietter, or that type of player like a Mark Stone who has bigger offensive and game impactability without needing to run-around throwing the body as priority #1A.

6 hours ago, Protec said:

Foligno and Reaves are basically the same players. Physical presence guys. I don’t see the offensive instincts too different, if given more ice time with better guys, I think Reaves could score 21 points like Moose.

I think most people would agree it’s why we traded Greenway in part because his game was redundant and inconsistent. Foligno at least has steady hustle/drive. It’s just kinda aimless at times.

Pat Maroon is another player in this category with Lucic. Presence guys who get around 20 points. I think if a team can get less fighting and fewer body checks but get production like Alex Killorn, Alex Tuch, Nino Neiderietter, or that type of player like a Mark Stone who has bigger offensive and game impactability without needing to run-around throwing the body as priority #1A.

I agree with the last paragraph but not sure of what precedes it. Moose has much better speed and scoring touch than those heavy weights. He does need to channel it better though. Running around with your hair on fire is not a recipe for success over the long term and in the playoffs. The guys in the last graph sure would look good in Wild colors.