Hockey Wilderness

Article: Game 1 Gamethread: Wild at Stars (8:30 p.m.)

Why is it every year in the playoffs, teams get away with all sorts of penalties against MN and the Wild always get called for much less???

I have said for years OCL needs to do bribes. Why would a Ref watch Suter cross-check #97 away from the puck and ignore it? The Vegas series two years ago was the same way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_Soldier said:

Happy to be listening to LaPanta and Carter based upon what I've heard.

The best part was when the announcer let everyone know he'd picked the Stars to make it to the Cup. And suddenly his commentary made much more sense lol. 

• Like 2

Double (well triple)-post but how about Billy G?? His moves this year seemed to make a pretty big difference in this first game! 

Upgraded from Jost to Sam Steel, who had 2 points and the huge breakaway goal.

Which was on a slick feed from Nyquist, who he got for cheap at the TDL and, oh, also had a hand in the OT GWG.

Got Faber in the Kevin Fiala trade, who is giving us a top-4 quality defensemen on the bottom pair and looks like an absolute stud out there. 

And of course Gus, who we traded for Talbot, had the game of his life (minus those two-easy PPGs) and bounced back from a shaky start in the 2nd! 

Billy's caught a lot of flak from posters over the years for his moves but I think its evident this dude knows wtf he's doing building this club! He gets how the playoffs work and he's built a team that can play heavy and hang tough with the best of them, while working around $12M in dead-space! Just unreal. 

Edited by B1GKappa97
  • Like 4